Destination Weddings Discussions

EReader

Got an ereader from my mother for Christmas :) Anyone else have one? Where do you find most of your books? 

Re: EReader

• What kind did you get? I have a Kindle and I'm getting an iPad this week (my Christmas gift from Steve). I don't plan on using the iPad as a reader, but I may from time to time use the kindle app.

I strictly get my books from Amazon. There are lots of free ones available to people with amazon prime and lots of great free books in the public domain (like Pride and Prejudice!!) I also buy a lot of books.

Once, I got a pdf of a book that I already owned in hardcopy because I wanted to read it on my kindle instead and I emailed it to my kindle and read it on there instead (I love that you can do that!)
  • I also have a Kindle and I love it.  It was my Christmas gift from Fi last year.  They have a new loan feature, which is great because my mum & I read more than any person should, so we save a little bit by lending each other the books we buy.  Also, they are working with our public library to rent them out that way, too.  I always have a lot of hardcopy library books out, but my Kindle is fabulous for when I'm out & about (since it's so light and small).

So I get my books from: Amazon, my mum, and my local library :)
  • I for some reason really what an ereader.  I am not really an avid reader but I do like a good book every once in a while.  FI kinda thinks its silly because we have the ipad with the Kindle and Nook apps but I find the ipad a little cumbersome.  I do have the apps on my phone too and have read an entire book on my phone.  I haven't bought any though.  I just got the free books from Amazon.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have an iPad and love it, even though it auto corrects on my like my phone. I really don't read much but I used to love to when I was younger. Maybe I just need a good book to get me back into it!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I have a Nook and it's ok. I would prefer the NookColor, but I just have B&W. I use it mostly on the NookBook app for computers so I can read during downtime at work lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Brea - I have a feeling that will be me, getting some duplicates between the ereader and my hardcopy books just so I have it on the ereader lol 
    Going to check out Amazon :) 
  • I have a Kindle and I bought my FI a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  We get free books from online.  I believe in the US you can borrow compatible ones from the library but in Canada that will not be available fro Kindle until 2012.  You can borrow books compatible with most of the other e-readers though.  I love the Kindle for trips.  I read a lot and it is nice not to pack a bag of books along on vacation.
    imageAnniversary
  • I have a nook color that FI got me last christmas and I love it!  I get my books from Barnes and Noble and also from Jefferson County Public libraries which has a check out system for Nook's.  I use my nook all the time because not only does it have books I also get my magazine subscriptions on there, and there are games like angry birds to entertain myself.  I also use it for internet when I'm not by a computer.  Very versitile and I love it!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • I got my Dad a Kindle this year for Christmas...and he bought one the week before !!! So now I have to figure out how to return it...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards