Texas-San Antonio
Options

JUST ENGAGED AND GETTING STARTED!

Hi Everyone!
I'm excited to use this tool to meet other brides who are planning! I live in Lubbock but we are getting married in SA. We just got started and are looking for a reasonable priced "rustic" country venue for our wedding. Any suggestions or places to avoid? 

Thanks!! Becky

Re: JUST ENGAGED AND GETTING STARTED!

• Options
    Congratulations on your engagment Becky! We looked at rustic venues as well. One place that we found as pretty unique is The Settlement. It's a rustic country venue and it's fairly new so i'd definitely check that place out. http://www.the1850settlement.com. and then there's Lost Mission (http://www.lostmission.com). I'm sure there are more but those are the only I've checked out personally. 

Oh and just a heads up, look at around and see if any vendors are still having sales from thanksgiving or black friday because I was able to book my photographer for 50% off. It's www.LensOutLoud.com and I believe some florists are still having sales too.

Happy Planning! 
    Just because I love him, I am willing to do whatever it takes to make love last. Just because he loves me, he's willing to do whatever it takes to make love last. Just Because...
  • Options
    It's a little further than SA but we are getting married at Texas Old Town in Kyle TX. Very rustic! We also looked at Boulder Springs in New Braunfels and Marquedt Ranch in the Boerne area.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • Options
    We are getting married at Canyon Springs Golf Club in two months. Our theme is rustic/chic and the venue fits perfectly. I searched for a while at different venues and decided on this one because while the food is a little more expensive then some places,they dont charge for every little thing. Some places charge extra for security,cutting/serving the cake, tablecloths, tea, bar set up etc all of this is at no charge to you which I really like. In the end it was way cheaper than other places that nickel and dime you for everything. They have two reception venues and three ceremony locations that can accommodate different size groups! (The waterfall is gorgeous). All the staff is so friendly and nice. Id definitely recommend going to look at it and talk to Brenda Rodriguez. She has been there over ten years and really knows all the ins and outs that we might overlook. They also supply different things for centerpieces like lanterns, candles and mirrors. We had our tasting last week and the food is amazing!  Since they provide mostly everything there it has made this experience a lot less stressful! Good Luck!
  • Options
    jsiemeringjsiemering member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    My husband and I have started a wedding venue ten minutes from San Marcos close to Kyle. It is about 55 minutes from San Antonio. Our goal is to provide beautiful, affordable weddings and not compromise beauty. Our venue is a Texas mansion style two story home with wrap around porch and second floor balcony. There are beautiful trees and ample parking. Wonderful ceremony sites and outdoor area for cocktail hour and also plenty of room for banquet tables. Inside the formal dining and living seats 40 for a sit down dinner reception with additional seating on the porches. We can accomodate large and small weddings. We are also wedding officiants so our current special is 1/2 off of the wedding officiant package on our large wedding package and $25 off of the officiant services for a small wedding package. Our small wedding package is for three hours and is $600 and includes banquet tables and chairs, full use of the bridal suite and groom's suite, use of the house and grounds.  The large package is $1500 and includes overnight accomodations in the home, and half off of the wedding minister package. We can accomodate 120 guests on our grounds.  For a few pictures, see our venue at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.charmedweddingsofaustin.com">www.charmedweddingsofaustin.com</a>; however, we will be getting new pictures soon that are beautiful and feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment to see our venue. We are located on plum creek so we also have a waterfront property.  Our ceremony sites are very beautiful as well and we have ample parking. Our venue is The Hopkins House.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_just-engaged-and-getting-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:f204f258-e548-4ca6-acd7-37664d326a9bPost:5315ad34-49e1-413f-a5c2-f0f193a84fd7">JUST ENGAGED AND GETTING STARTED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everyone! I'm excited to use this tool to meet other brides who are planning! I live in Lubbock but we are getting married in SA. We just got started and are looking for a reasonable priced "rustic" country venue for our wedding. Any suggestions or places to avoid?  Thanks!! Becky
    Posted by rebeccajhopp[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_just-engaged-and-getting-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:f204f258-e548-4ca6-acd7-37664d326a9bPost:e1860578-01cc-49ae-a441-3077b691ada9">Re:JUST ENGAGED AND GETTING STARTED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a little further than SA but we are getting married at Texas Old Town in Kyle TX. Very rustic! We also looked at Boulder Springs in New Braunfels and Marquedt Ranch in the Boerne area.
    Posted by krdonaldson[/QUOTE]

I have those same 3 venues on my "To Visit" list! We're not going to check them out until after the holidays though, this time of year is just so crazy. The Stonehaven hall at Boulder Springs is probably my favorite so far!
  • Options
    I second Jenny's rec on Canyon Springs. That's where we got married,and we chose the waterfall as our location, but they have other places on site for ceremonies, and it definitely has a rustic feel!  Like she said, the food was fantastic and no "hidden" charges for every little thing. Every aspect of my experience there was amazing. I could not have been more pleased! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards