Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**lp**

Are you around?

2nd tri could use some of your extensive research regarding having a glass of wine during pregnancy. 

I have one of the articles bookmarked at home, but not here at work.
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: **lp**

• Options
    ::butting in Hey, sucrets! Are you finished with school yet? I am done for the semester, woot! Just have to turn in grades and my senior failure list.
  • Options
    1 glass of wine=2 extra heads for baby.  Didn't you know?
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    sucrets, I sent you a PM yesterday, did you get it?
  • Options

sara - my pre-k kids sang this morning and I have no other classes.  I think we're supposed to stick around until 1:30, but I'm not sure I'll make it that long.  I'm debating how early I can leave and not feel really guilty.  My grades are all in and no kids failed (failing choir takes talent), so I'm just killing time.

brie - while the kid might get made fun of, that seems like it could be pretty useful.  What about an extra hand??  That would be AWESOME!

andrea - did you?  I checked them last night and wrote back to 1 that I got about my bm dresses, but I don't think that was you.  Hang on...

• Options
    hah no that wasn't me.  let me know if there isn't one from me there, I'll just put it here. (it doesn't warrant its own thread)
  • Options
    andrea!  Just saw it now - I had gone to bed before you sent it.  That's a really funny dream, but I'm big on giving people credit when it's due.  It's cute, and I'll run it by DH and see what he thinks.  So far he's been pretty useless with middle names.

• Options
    well at least now I know my PMs are working!  Good luck with the naming business, I look forward to hearing what you all finally decide - either way! :)
  • Options
    ::chants::  Quinn Avery...Quinn Avery....if I can only get DH on board with it!

And light a fire under his a$$ to pick some boy names.  At this rate, we're probably having a boy since we have no clue about names.

• Options
    Avery is REALLY popular right now, it's good you love it for a middle name!

Boy names are so much less fun to think about. 
  • Options
    Right??  Boy names are much less fun.  Either they're standard or weird.

I feel like boy clothes aren't as fun as girl clothes, either. 

Guess I want a girl, huh?

• Options
    I wanted a girl, too. But it's taken me about 24 hours to get over it and start getting stoked about a boy. And I've been calling it "little BT" to DH (those are his initials) and it makes me happy every time I say that.

I'm glad I found out the gender in advance b/c I think it will help me start to bond with this thing inside me--it all feels really abstract sometimes.
  • Options
    ac - have you felt movement yet?  I *think* I have, but I'm not too sure.  I keep on waiting for it to feel real.  First it was "when we see the first u/s", then "when we hear the hb" and now it's "when I feel movement" aside from "when I start looking pg, not just fat".

This is awful of me, but I'm considering asking if the health clinic that my mom works at has an u/s machine and if anyone can take an educated guess.  I want to knowwwww!   And it kills me that I could find out sooner if we were here.

• Options
    ac, what does BT stand for?

Once you know the sex of the baby, it'd be a little lame NOT to get on board with what you're having, it's coming out that way whether you wanted the other sex or not, ya know?

Boys are so cute and fun, too, but in a totally different way.
  • Options
    ac_in_dcac_in_dc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    I may have felt something, I'm not sure. I'm totally impatient to feel it. Maybe it will be my Christmas present from the little one. I've stopped asking him to move, b/c I figure if he takes after his dad, there's a better chance of him doing it if I don't ask too many times...

[edit--andrea, my husband's initials are BT, so it makes me happy to think about a little one of him growing inside me. He was a beautiful baby!!]
  • Options
    Ahhhhh. ok, when you said "those are his initials" I thought you meant the baby's! Or is he a Jr. so they actually are baby & H's??
  • Options
    Hey :)

I posted a little something over there, not sure if the thread is super active still, but maybe it'll get one of them to read a study instead of basing their opinion on a random internet poll or what the tv says ;).

Oh, and AC!!!! You're having a boy? That's awesome :)

I was convinced X was a girl, so it took me a little bit to get used to the idea of a boy, plus, boys stuff is not nearly as cute as girl stuff (that's silly, I know, but it's true). I've started to find a bunch of super cute boy stuff though, here are all my baby links:

http://delicious.com/alberia/baby

Do you have any names in mind?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lp-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe3fb936-07b8-423c-b07c-eef41fd05f66Post:08afd255-903d-4a65-b6a5-4f65f7d6ef6d">Re: **lp**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may have felt something, I'm not sure. I'm totally impatient to feel it. Maybe it will be my Christmas present from the little one. <strong>I've stopped asking him to move, b/c I figure if he takes after his dad, there's a better chance of him doing it if I don't ask too many times...</strong> Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

Bwahaha!  That's funny.  :)

Laine - thanks!  I just read more of what people were writing over there.  I haven't had any yet, but I'm looking forward to having some white wine over xmas.  I just hope my fam won't be all judgy, but I doubt they will.

I was talking to my mom last night about how I'm trying not to take anything for this stupid cold, but I took 2 Tylenol yesterday morning for my headache and sore throat.  She said "well, considering everyone used to smoke all the time, 2 tylenol certainly won't hurt".  She's also told me that she was surprised that I knew that I was pg so fast - that 'back then' you'd probably start to question it after missing your 2nd period.  Thanks, mom.  ;)

• Options
    Awesome bedding!!

I don't know about names...I like traditional boy's names, like Anthony, Samuel, Gabriel, and Benjamin.

But DH's family has some goofy tradition where the first boy's supposed to have reversed initials from his dad and the same middle name as the dad's first name. Which means that our kid would have to have the initials PB with a middle name of Bryant. To make matters worse my dad's first name is Phillip, so my lame-ass parents are pressuring me to name the kid Phil (who does this? I think it takes huge balls to ask someone to name a child after you).

So I had a little freak-out about it on DH last night...it's our kid and I want us to be able to name him. He wants some time to think about how important the family tradition is to him, which I totally respect. I think the two of us will be able to make a decision together, DH just needs some time to think before we can talk about it. So now I'm waiting.

Sorry, that was long.
  • Options
    Honestly I don't have a glass of wine very often (mostly because it just doesn't taste the same) but I have more people encourage me to have a small glass than freak out when I take a sip. When my dr and I talked about it, she actually bitched about the whole stigma saying something about how she has patients who won't touch a glass of wine, but they'll eat mcdonalds everyday.

I think I started to feel movement (little flutters) around 17 weeks or so. It takes a while for anyone else to feel it, I think Pete felt it around 20 weeks, but now you can look at my belly and see when he kicks. It's crazy, I keep trying to catch it on video, but he won't kick on queue.
  • Options
    Ok, maybe I'm just slow today, but that whole naming tradition sounds incredibly confusing. Pete went through a little phase where he wanted the baby named after him, I told him he was being narcissistic and vetoed it, I mean, how would they ever know who I was yelling at? ;)
  • Options
    I think it's totally idiotic. But I can't really tell DH that.

And I love my dad, but I want to think of my kid when I say it's name, not him.

Thanks for letting me rant. I'm a little bit irritated by the whole thing right now.
  • Options
    I'd be irritated to, can't blame you one bit. It'll work out though, and if you get too much trouble from anyone just start suggesting really ridiculous names that start with P, like Pepin or Percy.

Does that tradition apply only to boys, or the first born, or are there weird traditions for all the kids names?
  • Options
    Just stoping in to say HI!

AC - yay for boys!  Personally I've found all the boy stuff this season to be a lot cuter than the girl stuff.  We went shopping yesterday and everything for girls was pink and brown.  It's apparently the "in" combination and I hate it!

It was week 23 before I felt any movement that I could tell was definately baby.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lp-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe3fb936-07b8-423c-b07c-eef41fd05f66Post:81dbf1cd-3f9f-4b0d-870e-fb7c4e912f6d">Re: **lp**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pete went through a little phase where he wanted the baby named after him, I told him he was being narcissistic and vetoed it, I mean, how would they ever know who I was yelling at? ;)
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

My mom told me the best advice her mother-in-law ever gave her was to not name your son after his father. Cause my grandma made that mistake. But my dad and his father had different middle names, so he wasn't even technically a jr.

My brother's middle name is my dad's (and grandpa's) first name, but bro's first name is totally unique. I kind of like that tradition - have a middle name that's a family name and therefore "means something" and have a first name that you just like as a name.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards