South Carolina-Charleston

Charleston Brides: Where did you order your cake?

I was originally thinking about ordering my cake from Publix, but now I'm not too sure. Where did you or where are you going to order your cake??

Re: Charleston Brides: Where did you order your cake?

• edited December 2011
    Publix and it was delicious. We even bought a red velvet to brig home to Ohio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are using Molly Lawson of D'lish desserts.  Our tasting was fabulous and for how good her cake tastes compared to other places we tried, her prices are great.  We are having a really small wedding though so she might get pricey for larger groups.  She by far had the best red velvet too!  She doesn't put her cakes in the freezer either before your event so everything is super moist.
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Cakes by Kasarda and she was terrific (also had good red velvet, since that seems to be a theme). 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_charleston-brides-did-order-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:d5f23296-afae-4dad-ba0f-170eb9d509d4Post:3560b7cb-6659-4f8d-b9c9-a227633c968e">Re: Charleston Brides: Where did you order your cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Cakes by Kasarda and she was terrific (also had good red velvet, since that seems to be a theme). 
    Posted by nfguthrie[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Another vote for Kasarda here. She was great, prices were reasonable and the cake was delicious (although we didn't do red velvet- we did almond cake with raspberry filling).

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Artistic Cakes by Linda Blackwell. I was pretty impressed with all of her cakes, but we were sold on the amaretto poppyseed.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are also using D'LISH and Molly...the tasting was absolutely amazing. we LOVED the red velvet and are having 3 other flavors also. I really cant wait to eat cake at the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Artistic Cakes by Linda Blackwell. Amazing.
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • tiffanyeltiffanyel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Elaine's Events for our wedding cake and grooms cake. Elaine's cake tastes awesome and she makes the most amazing sugar magnolias! 

www.elainesevents.com/
  • kpope51486kpope51486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Molly at D'lish and it was amazing! The cake was gorgeous and tasted great! Couldn't have asked for better!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_charleston-brides-did-order-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:d5f23296-afae-4dad-ba0f-170eb9d509d4Post:5710af59-dac0-430e-9d49-4498b91515cf">Re: Charleston Brides: Where did you order your cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Molly Lawson of D'lish desserts.  Our tasting was fabulous and for how good her cake tastes compared to other places we tried, her prices are great.  We are having a really small wedding though so she might get pricey for larger groups.  She by far had the best red velvet too!  She doesn't put her cakes in the freezer either before your event so everything is super moist.
    Posted by katiewest[/QUOTE]
    Molly!
  • jenlc527jenlc527 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    elaine's events LOVE her cakes!!!

I know several people that went through publix and were happy with what they got. Just remember where you are ordering your cake and go for a more simple design!
  • alliemwolfalliemwolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elaine's Cakes are truly amazing my 2 sisters and myself used her and they are wonderful.  We had friends that went to one of my sisters weddings 5 years ago and when they came to mine they asked if the cake was from the same place as they have been waiting to have another slice for 5 years!  So crazy but it's that good! 
    www.elainesevents.com/
    Allie H BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards