Wedding Reception Forum

Linens

Ok...I'm having a bit of a bridal breakdown...

I still have plenty of time to plan my wedding, but I'm becoming increasingly overwhelmed with all the "LITTLE" details.  I've been looking online to search for linens (specifically overlays) and plate chargers for my reception tables.  I just wanted to see if any local brides had the scoop on where to get some nice linens and plate chargers without going broke?? 

Any/all thoughts are welcome!

Re: Linens

• I would try your local board. They'll have the best advice for you on where to find this stuff! 

GL!
  • Take a deep breath.  Make a list of to-dos and do a few every few days.  Go to the local board for specifics places to buy things.  Ad don't stress about all the little thiings to much.  Your guests will not miss them if they are there but they will notice if hte food is good, the music is awesome, and that the bride and groom are glowing from the joyous occassion!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    My Fiance and I are on a very limited budget and we've found and amazing venue that is in out budget. now were trying to figure out what we can do for linens to cover the tables that are not super expensive any ideas would be great
  • I just bought 24 tablecloths and 24 organza overlays from linentablecloth.com for $314 which seemed like a really good deal. That was with 20% off but if you sign up for their mailing list through email they're always having deals start up. I hope that helps you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I would also suggest asking your local boards.  I was concerned about linens and then found out they are included in my fee for my reception space.  You could always double check your contract!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Thanks everyone!  I appreciate all the feedback!!!

Deep breaths....deep breaths...

Good luck to you all & congratulations!!!!
  • Rent them! I'm renting blue overlays for $10 each (and that's not the cheapest one) and charger plates for $1.10 each. Your catering company should have them. If not, a party supply store should rent them.
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • edited January 2012
    I got mine at linentablecloth.com on the day after Thanksgiving.  They were 35% off and had free shipping for orders over $50.  My 120" tablecloths were just slightly over $7.

Since you still have awhile, I'd wait until then to see what kind of deals you can get.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards