Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids or not?

Im having a very small wedding of about 50-60 people. I want to have only 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen but my fiance tells me that people don't have so few members walking in the wedding. I'm kind of stuck now as to what to do.
JanaJP24

Re: Bridesmaids or not?

• We are having about 100 ppl and 3 & 3.  Originally I was going to just have 2 BM.  I think your plan sounds like the perfect number for your wedding size.  You don't want a fourth of your guests standing up with you, right?!

• You can have however many BM and GM (numbers don't need to be the same on each side) you want.  Although I will add that I would probably side eye if you guys had several on each side with such a small wedding. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd like to ask how your FI came up with that assumption. Your number of attendants is perfectly fine. If he feels the need to add more GM, that's on him and there's no problem with that.
  • It's fine to have 2 bms and let him choose how many gms he would like.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaids-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:c9347279-58cf-4248-bd2d-257faaa7c6c6Post:ee364f87-e699-4882-973e-8fb5f9cf88d8">Re: Bridesmaids or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a 50 guest wedding and only had a MOH and Best Man.  It was fine.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Same here
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • could he be thinking its not normal based off things hes seen in movies or other weddings? Thats just the industry trying to influence you to spend more.

I think 2 attendants is fine :) if he wants more let him... You dont have to do anything because other weddings have done it. Thats what will make yours unique like the two of you.
  • You can have however many attendants that you want.  On the flip side, we're inviting 160 people to our wedding and only having one bridesmaid and one groomsman.  You should have the people who are most important to you in the wedding party, no matter the number.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am only having two bms and two gms
  • There's no set rule. I went to a big wedding about 200+ ppl and the bride only had one BM (her sister). I say if you want 2, do 2! And it doesn't even need to be even so if he wants more GM's he can. I have seen weddings with uneven wedding parties as well and it looked great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaids-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c9347279-58cf-4248-bd2d-257faaa7c6c6Post:3b964b65-0de8-4f00-9f2a-7e105e742395">Bridesmaids or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having a very small wedding of about 50-60 people. I want to have only 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen but my fiance tells me that people don't have so few members walking in the wedding. I'm kind of stuck now as to what to do.
    Posted by janap24[/QUOTE]

<div>That's interesting, because I'd heard one attendant per person for every 50 or so people. Our wedding will be in the 70-80 range and we have two attendants each.</div><div>
    </div><div>Now, if your fiance wants to have more groomsmen or no groomsmen, you should respect his wishes, but he should also respect your wish to have as many or few bridesmaids as you wish.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards