Destination Weddings Discussions

Vacation Attire

OK, I think I'm over doing it.  IDK what my issue is, like Ive never been on vacation before.    But I'd rather over-do, then under.  Good thing Ive got a big bag!  (or2)  The big question is, am I missing anything?!?!

socks - 4 pair
undies - 10 pair
bras - 10
wedding night lingerie
wedding day panties
PJs - 4 sets

Bathing suits - 2
Pool cover - 2
Big floppy pool hat
Sunglasses - 2 pair

Jeans - 1
Capris - 2 (1 demin, 1 khaki)
White slacks - 1
linen pants - 1
yoga pants - 2
Shorts - 6

skirt - 1
casual dresses - 2
formal dress  - 1
wedding dress - 1

sweaters - 3 (1 zip up, 1 crew neck, 1 boat neck)
polos - 2
casual ts - 4
tanks - 5
3/4 length knits - 2
Pashmina

wedges - natural cork
flat sandals - 3 (brown, black, rhinestone)
formal sandals - black
rubber pool flip flops - 3
work out sneakers - 1
hiking sandals - 1
wedding shoes - 1
slippers - 1

rain coat
denim jacket

Getting ready tank
getting ready pants
getting ready jacket

i know im missing something. I have to be.    What is it?!?!!?

Re: Vacation Attire

• I don't think you missed anything, but I personally LIVE in dresses and skirts on vaca so it is all I pack:) I would take more of those!
  • That's a huge list! How many days will you be gone?! I agree, I hope to spend my whole 10 days in summer dresses, less to coordinate and pack. If you have all that space though, might as well bring it all and then you'll have outfit options! I'm sure Sarah can think of something else to add to the LIST! hehe
  • I am not going to lie, my list is much longer...but I think you have a good list there.  I don't know that you are going to need 3 sweaters if you have a pashmina too.  

• In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_vacation-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:ec5cf44a-0a6b-4279-8477-8bf7b4a28955Post:a3a2592e-dcf8-43ab-b976-84112ff74044">Re: Vacation Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a packing list in my bio :)
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

You would!
  • Holy cow, girl! That's a lot of stuff! How long are you going for again? I honestly think you can halve that and will still be good.

Do you have a garter, hair flower, veil etc? Jewelry?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_vacation-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:ec5cf44a-0a6b-4279-8477-8bf7b4a28955Post:91f0aed6-c7fc-41e8-9ce3-9b828707081d">Re: Vacation Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy cow, girl! That's a lot of stuff! How long are you going for again? I honestly think you can halve that and will still be good. Do you have a garter, hair flower, veil etc? Jewelry?
    Posted by LolaPizzy[/QUOTE]

I have all that, just didnt list it.  Its on a different list.  LOL

The problem Im having is that the weather all up and down the east coast has been so unpredicatable, I have no idea what its going to be like in the middle of the Atlantic for 4 days.  It couldbe cold one day, and hot the next.  I want to be prepared so I dont have to miss anything or be uncomfortbale.  And I want to have appropriate clothes for dinner and parties.   We'll be gone for a week, so I want to be prepare.    I know its a LOT but Im hoping if I pack smartly, I can fit it all in one bag.  *fingers crossed*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards