Rhode Island

Bridal and gifts!!!

I went to Davids bridal last night in attleboro and OMG NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER GO IN THERE!!!! The women was so rude and brought me every dress I said I didn't want! I am a size 16 in almost all of there dresses and she was like well that dress doesn't come in that big of a size. I was like your so rude. It got to the point of after 30 dresses I told my mom to just get me out of there like NOW!

So today I went to Bridal and gifts that is right across the street from friendlys about a mile up from the mall. The people there are so nice! The women that helped me stayed in our price range and asked my opinion on every one of them before trying them on instead of saying here put this on (like the lady at DB). She helped me put on every dress and was very professional. She was honest about how they looked and was very very very patient with me. We were in there for about 3 hours. I  ended up choosing a Maggie Sottero  Lillian. It fit perfect and we bought it off the rack. It had only been in the store for 18 days. They also gave me a $100 gift card on assecories!  If your looking for a dress you should check this place out. They have dresses in all price ranges. They even had a few under 300.00!

(sorry for typos i know there are many but i am sooo tired my eyes are crossing Smile)
83image 6image 0 image

Re: Bridal and gifts!!!

• kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a similar bad experience at Davids on RT 2 in Warwick.  All the dresses were a size small and my sales person just kept saying if you lose 5 pounds it will fit perfect!  I ended up at Cinderella's in Warwick and I had the best experience.  I have had 2 friends who are getting married go there as well and their experience was just as positive.  I can't say enough about Scott!

• edited December 2011
    Ditto on Davids in Attleboro. I am also a 16-18 and had a pretty similar experience there. They pulled out dresses that were not at all my style. Unless you are a size 2. I felt very uncomfortable especially when I wasn't happy with the styles they gave me.I ended up leaving and ended up getting my dress at the Wishing Well. I tried on alot of styles and ended up with one I didn't even think would flatter me. They were so patient and made me feel comfortable. . God this is a day you have been dreaming of and it made a huge diffference getting a great positive experience. Happy you found your dress!
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter had a small ceremony back in Oct. and we went to David's(No Attleboro) to get a simple white gown($99. sale gown) When the saleslady heard that we just wanted to get the sale gown, she became not interested us at all, walked away and I had to go and get gowns for my daughter to try on.
    Now, my daughter is having a big wedding celebration in July and we went to ANA'S BRIDAL, Warren Ave, East Providence and they were wonderful ! My daughter got a Maggie Sottero Belinda and it looks beautiful on her. ANA's was so caring and my daughter loved it there, she got all the bridesmaids gowns and the tuxes from there. They made the whole experience for my daughter wonderful.
  • chantz2387chantz2387 member
    edited December 2011

I had the total opposite experience at David's, they were great to me. Yes, I agree, the dresses run very small, I wear a size 8, and the dresses I tried on were a size 12. But that happened at every place I went. At David's, they let me go through and choose which dresses I wanted to try on- as many or as few. The sales woman also dressed me in each one and helped me try on all the different accessories to match. They weren't pushy like some other places.

Anniversary
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_bridal-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:45c86b9a-7dee-4b3d-9999-985406c30082Post:d66f9286-a501-4c03-b52d-d08e731deac2">Re: Bridal and gifts!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the total opposite experience at David's, they were great to me. Yes, I agree, the dresses run very small, I wear a size 8, and the dresses I tried on were a size 12. But that happened at every place I went. At David's, they let me go through and choose which dresses I wanted to try on- as many or as few. The sales woman also dressed me in each one and helped me try on all the different accessories to match. They weren't pushy like some other places.
    Posted by chantz2387[/QUOTE]

Same here. I had a great experience at DB on Route 2!. I am a size 14, tried on size 14, which were a little tight, so ordered a 16. Fit perfect! My consultant was great as was everyone else I encountered no matter when I went in. I brought in a list of dresses with me, my consultant pulled them, and helped me try them on. I found exactly what I wanted and thoroughly enjoyed my experience.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a positive experience at DB in atteleboro as well. I showed them what I wanted and they pulled them and helped me try them on. I found my dress that day.

My only complaint is that the dressing rooms are VERY small and to have two people in there was a bit uncomfortable but hey, its over and I'm happy.
  • edited December 2011

I had an awful experience at Bridal and Gift.  The owners husband is a lying psycho.
    I think everyone's experience everywhere is different.
    Glad you found your dress!

• hollygb22hollygb22 member
    edited December 2011
    I truly believe that everyone has a different bridal salon experience.

I went to Ana's and loved them. Every dress was bought there from mine to MOB, to BM.

People on TK gave it somewhat bad reviews. I found it to be the opposite.

Places people rave about on here I had terrible experiences at. It's one of those areas that everyone is different in. I'd buy a dress where you feel like your business is welcome and appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards