Honeymoon Discussions

Websites for travel

What websites do you recommend for booking travel and why?  I have used expedia, but I'm wondering if I am missing out on better deals.
We ran off to Vegas and got married!

Re: Websites for travel

• It depends on where you are going and what you want to do. Sometimes travel agents are better than websites- we used one for our honeymoon to Hawaii and it was a great decision. I think they are great for places where you are trying to filter out a lot of activities/companies. For Hawaii the "revealed" book series is also fabulous.

For the Caribbean, I like using cheapcaribbean.com, for reviews tripadvisor has a lot. For flights I like kayak.com. (I think Southwest is the only airline that you have to check separately). Or check Jetblue directly for flexible days.
  • cheapcaribbean.com has good prices on vacation packages, vacationstogo.com has good cruise packages, kayak and bing are good for flight and hotel indexing and tripadvisor is great to narrow down your choices before you seach (or to look at the reviews on cheap places you find online :) )

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • It depends on what you are looking for. My fave is www.travelzoo.com, which accumulates the best deals from multiple websites. You can sign up for weekly emails of their "top 20", plus look for last minute deals.
  • I love kayak.com and sidestep.com
    I would strongly recommend using a travel agent if you havent already looked into it. Alot of them will match whatever price you find online and its nice to have a live person to talk to and give recommendations to you.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks to all.  We ended up meeting with a travel agent and gained a lot of insight. 
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards