Not Engaged Yet

I want to move!

My upstairs neighbors are doing something akin to a tapdance number above me. They make noise constantly but it's usually brief and not too bothersome but right now there is a definite pattern to it. It's only one thing in a growing list of reasons I want to move but at the moment it's taken the number one spot.

Anybody else want to move? Happy with where you live? Neighbors that drive you crazy?

Re: I want to move!

• tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and FI are very lucky where we live. It didn't come easy though! We met online earlier this year and by june started scouting places for him and i to move into. We thought we had secured a place in the Bay area of California and went on vacation to Disneyland when we got a call we had been "rejected" for credit reasons.

My credit is tanked but am working on rebuilding - one reason for our long engagement because i refuse to let my FI who has worked damn hard on his to let mine be that bad when we get married. Well he was told when he put the application in it would be based on his income , credit and just mine as an occupant. Well apparently they run the entire check on us both since i am over 18 , etc. and even with his stellar income and credit we were denied. At the time i was a wreck but on our last day of vacation we went apartmet hunting and stopped by this one place that was newer than the previous apartment complex and was offering 2 months free rent on move in.

We toured the apartment and loved it , though it was slightly more than the other we actually loved this place and the apartment was the actual one we would be renting and it was perfect. A corner unit on the ground floor , away from any busy roads but with a nice view still. When we put the applications in we waited holding our breath and we were approved and we about cried. This place has been SO good to us. Quiet , so quiet you can't even hear it rain outside , kinda weird lol. Open floor plan a , a nice small yet comfy patio and a huge walk in bathroom i love.

My last apartment was about 50 years old so you cpould hear every foot step and word spoken..i feel lucky everyday we have a place we love after hearing so many horror stories. Everythign happens for a reason !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011

It sounds like you found a great place Tafft. Our place is pretty nice for the most part and it's not too expensive which is mostly why we haven't moved yet. It's a condo and we rent from the owners which is great. It's a fairly quiet complex and close to BF's family and both our jobs. I loved the place when we moved in but over the last year I've gotten over it.

It's a really small open floor plan where our living room, dining room and kitchen is all one area. We can literally sit on the couch and touch the fridge lol. And it's a good thing we're close to three grocery stores because there is no storage space to keep things on hand. A complete change from my childhood when my mom would buy groceries on sale in bulk.

We're going to start looking at other places soon I think but it'll probably take a while since BF and I are pretty picky about what we can/can't live without.

• edited December 2011
    We've been in our apartment for almost 3 months now and I love it. I get sad sometimes when I think about not being able to stay there forever. lol It's in an old house that we share with a business. So no neighbors, quiet neighborhood, walking distance to a million things and a ton of space, I even have my own bathroom!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emmyrooemmyroo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I really want to move.  I'm living with my parents right now until I find a job, and I am getting really tired of it.  I love my parents, but I can only take so much of them!  Since I finished student teaching, I'm only working part time for now and I'm around the house much more and getting more irritable.  It's the first time I've lived at home for more than 3 months at a time since high school.  I'm really itching to get out and get my own place, but I definitely can't afford it right now.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We have a house now and our neighbors on either side are older couples, however, we did live in a pretty terrible apartment before we bought the house. We lived in a two-family house. The apartment itself was nice enough and our neighbors upstairs were fairly quiet but our neighbors next door were INSANE! Downstairs was a woman, probably in her 50s, her daughter, daughter's bf, daughter's 2 kids, son, and son's girlfriend. All in a 3 bedroom apartment. The daughter and bf would SCREAM at each other and threaten to kill each other. The cops were called all the time.

Upstairs was a couple in their 50s. The guy didn't work and whenever my bf came in the house carrying any sort of alcohol, the guy would bum a drink. He asked me for bus fair from time to time. The woman worked but would drink herself silly. Oh and they had this dog that was huge and strong and not neutered and it LOVED me...ew.

Then, on top of bad neighbors, we had on-street parking and within only 2 months of living there, all 4 of my tires were slashed and bf's car was hit twice. That is what got us to start looking into buying. I'm so glad we were able to!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to move, but I would like my roommate to move. She's taking over all of  the closets in my house (yes, MY house). Her dad is coming and she asked last night if she could hide her shoes in the master closet. I think it's time for BF to propose and move in. For serious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-move?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5105bca5-4259-4f3e-b3f7-d963dde168ddPost:8af5f9ae-272b-4588-88fa-fb3f83f137ed">Re: I want to move!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want to move.  I'm living with my parents right now until I find a job, and I am getting really tired of it.  I love my parents, but I can only take so much of them!  Since I finished student teaching, I'm only working part time for now and I'm around the house much more and getting more irritable.  It's the first time I've lived at home for more than 3 months at a time since high school.  I'm really itching to get out and get my own place, but I definitely can't afford it right now.
    Posted by emmyroo[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel! I went to college on a sports scholarship and had my own place an hour and a half from my family. I got permanently injured and decided to move back home and go to school closer to my family but it also meant moving back in with my folks and two younger siblings. I never did get used to it even though I lived with them for another two years until BF and I moved in together.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-move?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5105bca5-4259-4f3e-b3f7-d963dde168ddPost:de5a45b3-073b-4507-9c6a-f4ef87d8cf4d">Re: I want to move!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to move, but I would like my roommate to move. She's taking over all of  the closets in my house (yes, MY house). Her dad is coming and she asked last night if she could hide her shoes in the master closet. I think it's time for BF to propose and move in. For serious.
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it! By the way....why does she need to hide her shoes?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-move?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5105bca5-4259-4f3e-b3f7-d963dde168ddPost:ebbb448b-e820-4d9b-adf6-58a443b09a7d">Re: I want to move!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a house now and our neighbors on either side are older couples, however, we did live in a pretty terrible apartment before we bought the house. We lived in a two-family house. The apartment itself was nice enough and our neighbors upstairs were fairly quiet but our neighbors next door were INSANE! Downstairs was a woman, probably in her 50s, her daughter, daughter's bf, daughter's 2 kids, son, and son's girlfriend. All in a 3 bedroom apartment. The daughter and bf would SCREAM at each other and threaten to kill each other. The cops were called all the time. Upstairs was a couple in their 50s. The guy didn't work and whenever my bf came in the house carrying any sort of alcohol, the guy would bum a drink. He asked me for bus fair from time to time. The woman worked but would drink herself silly. Oh and they had this dog that was huge and strong and not neutered and it LOVED me...ew. Then, on top of bad neighbors, we had on-street parking and within only 2 months of living there, all 4 of my tires were slashed and bf's car was hit twice. That is what got us to start looking into buying. I'm so glad we were able to!
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

OMG! I'm glad you don't have to deal with any of that anymore!
  • 202987202987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to move, but we woke up Christmas Eve with no heat, hot water, or stove.  Apparently there was a gas leak, and it was all turned off.  Over the next 3 days the hot water/heat was turned off and on, but it was rationed the whole time and never got really hot.  Our stove was on after a week or so.  The apartment building owners gave us a $25 gift card to a grocery store/gas station (Giant Eagle, fellow Pittsburghers), but I'm just thankful we were going places, not having people over!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards