New York-Western

rochester reception

hey all! i am looking for a place for my ceremony/reception in rochester. it seems like there are a lot of typical wedding places (country clubs, hotels, ballrooms, etc) but i am looking for something a little more unique. any ideas? thanks!

Re: rochester reception

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Colgate Divinity school, which I love b/c it's a little different but still very nice.  I've also heard good things about artisan works and the rochester museum and science center.
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend Artisanworks for something different! But it depends on what kind of "different" you're looking for - something suitable for a cocktail party? Outdoors? RMSC is a good option like cera27 said, and also the Memorial Art Gallery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks those are good suggestions! i guess i don't know exactly what kind of different i want which is probably causing the problem. i am mostly looking for places that are pretty outside or unique inside (or both!)

i do like the idea of the rmsc because my fiance and i are both kind of nerds. and i didn't realize how pretty the divinity school is...and it definitely has a unique feel to it. yeah i had heard some good things about artisan works BUT i heard it gets VERY hot in the summer. i am also thinking sonnenberg gardens could be really nice but it seems like those kinds of places have a lot of conditions/restrictions.

thanks! i will definitely look into these places!
  • MsAlphaBee123MsAlphaBee123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Colgate Divinity this August! Love it! So excited. Cera 27 when is your date?
    CSTK check it out... there are some rules for having it there, but totally worth it for such a romantic unique place, and the banquet manager totally works with you to make you feel comfortable and taken care of.  We have never heard an ill word about it... and the food was amazing at our tasting.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • loving2011loving2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Colgate Divinity next August! I am excited to find more people who chose that as their location!

I looked at,literally, 10 ceremony/reception locations and didn't like ANY of them. My parents actually viewed Colgate for me because I live out of state right now. My mom called me from the car and told me to stop looking because it was just what I wanted. I of course viewed the location and it was perfect. Romanic and unique, doesn't get better than that!
  • guapaguapa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    George Eastman House has a property that will host weddings starting next year
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards