Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

sand ceremony

I finally got my fiance on board with skipping the unity candle and doing a sand ceremony instead. I have this horrible fear that I will start my dress on fire somehow if there are candles anywhere near me. So for anyone else who has done this, any good recommendations for where to get all the stuff? I'm wondering if anyone found a good kit for this.

Re: sand ceremony

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are doing this too! Joe wanted a container that was a different shape than the normal cylinders and I wanted a lid so we could keep it. We ended up buying a candle from Target which meet both our requirements. We have since burned it down and cleaned out the container. It looks great now!

We are getting sand from Michaels using a coupon, but I am still searching for the right green sand (we want an olive green and have yet to find that).

Here is what we have so far - again the candle is now cleaned out:
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I did a sand ceremony and LOVED it!  I got our supplies from www.moonglowcandles.net and I know of several other knotties that also purchased from this website.  I have not heard of any complaints.  They have a TON of colors and when I got the sand, it was the exact shade that I'd seen on the site.  I also purchased the containers from them as well and LOVED the quality.  I highly recommend this website. 
    Here's a link directly to their list of sand...Click Here!

ETA: If you scroll to the bottom of the page of the list of sands...there's a link to click to purchase samples of the sand.  For only 75 cents you can get several samples to make sure that the color you order is the color you actually want!
  • mknutson74mknutson74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my containers, 1 large and 4 small (I have 2 kids) which are square and have a cork to cover the opening (just in case they ever get knocked over) at www.Invitationsbydawn.com They were VERY reasonable on their prices and shipped pretty quick.  They also give the option to have them engraved. We didn't do the engraving because we have a friend who also does this. I am planning on tying a thin ribbon around the top of the neck to incorporate it into our color scheme.  The site also has lots of color options that are pretty true to color.  Hope this helps:)
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just went to Michaels and joanns and got the items for our sand ceremony.  They had different sized bottles with corks for keeping the sand.  In the children's section they had different colors of sand also.
  • edited December 2011
    We got all of our supplies from Michales with coupons at different times.  If you are doing a Christian ceremony I googles Christian sand ceremony and there was great wording from a pastor in Ohio that tied in God and a 3rd sand color.  It was very meaningful for us at our ceremony and our guests had a lot of compliments
    Anniversary
    Nicole and Sam 10/3/09
    Birthday
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards