Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Vegas Bachelorette... Too much??

Wondering on if you guys think our groomsmen and bridesmaid planning vegas bachelorette is too much or not...

did any of you have a bach party in vegas? 

is it ok to have one there and one at home too so more of your friends can come?

Re: Vegas Bachelorette... Too much??

• Options
    It being "too much" is really up to you both and the people hosting your parties. If they offer and you don't mind going to Vegas, then do it! Sounds fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I think if you have to have a second one because some people couldn't afford to attend then it is too much.  That is asking an awful lot (especially money) of people.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_vegas-bachelorette-too-much?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:7b220482-7bca-4304-ac26-2f59db27cc78Post:e1359360-ba3a-43bc-9e9b-a549acb3d79c">Re: Vegas Bachelorette... Too much??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you have to have a second one because some people couldn't afford to attend then it is too much.  That is asking an awful lot (especially money) of people.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_vegas-bachelorette-too-much?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7b220482-7bca-4304-ac26-2f59db27cc78Post:e1359360-ba3a-43bc-9e9b-a549acb3d79c">Re: Vegas Bachelorette... Too much??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you have to have a second one because some people couldn't afford to attend then it is too much.  That is asking an awful lot (especially money) of people.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Exactly.</div><div>
    </div><div>Especially if there are people you'd really miss being there if the only one you had was the Vegas option. I can see the financial aspect as well as time off being issues when travel/airfare/hotels are involved. 
    </div>
  • Options
    I'm having two: one in Vegas and at home for the ones who couldn't make it to Vegas. The only thing is the one at home is small at my maid of honor's home and making it pot luck.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! 

I really like the "home" one being a potluck at a house. 

Thanks again
  • Options
    I really wonder if people will be offended that you did a big shindig in Vegas that they couldn't afford so they get a consolation party of a potluck at home.  Are you sure this is a wise decision?  I think it could be insulting.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but potlucks are not acceptable. It passes the cost of hosting onto guests.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm late sorry... I would say do whatever your bridesmaids would like to do. It was easier for me to do one in Vegas because my friends and I have a girl's trip every year anyway. Also, my bridesmaids really wanted to do the second one. I am very lucky to have the group of women behind me, and go way beyond what is expected of them. I think you know your friends best, and see what they would like to do. My girls like the two idea because a few of them are mothers and did not feel comfortable leaving their children at home for a few days, but still wanted to have a bachelorette party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards