Illinois

Venues for under $75 a plate

Just engaged and looking for reception venues. We're struggling to find a decent place in the south suburbs or city of Chicago that has less than $75 a plate cost. It tends to be that there are "hidden" costs we don't know about until we ask (liquor costs, chairs, etc.). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Venues for under $75 a plate

• Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know of one in deerfield, but that is a north suburb so it's probably too far north. just in case we got married at the embassy suites in deerfield and it was about $65 a person including tax and gratuity. we didn't do alcohol, but there is a cash bar in the lobby and people are allowed to buy drinks form there and bring it back into the reception
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • charlotte1819charlotte1819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where around the south suburbs? I am having my reception in Orland Park and the Orland Chateau (it is on LaGrange) is $45 a person for a sunday or $53 about for a saturday... including centerpieces, cake, alcohol, taxes and gratuity. No hidden fees and very nice people
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Did you try DiNolfo's? We didn't end up going with them but they were affordable and pretty straight forward.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_venues-under-75-plate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:617Discussion:27b4b02d-1e5a-4b47-8526-bfe93262fe8fPost:5c82083a-be8f-4618-af0a-f873bde0a51a">Re: Venues for under $75 a plate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you try DiNolfo's? We didn't end up going with them but they were affordable and pretty straight forward.
    Posted by vanilla bean 2011[/QUOTE]

This.  We are having ours at Dinolfos in Homer Glen and it was 69 a plate.  Premium shelf liquor and chairs are included.  Cake isn't but it's still a great deal.  Plus they have a lot of extras you can add on.  Good Luck. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• edited December 2011
    Also check the jacob Henry Mansion in Joliet or the Abbington in Lisle.  I think all of those places were under 75 when we looked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• edited December 2011
    We are having ours at William Tell Banquets in Countryside.  They have a beautiful banquet room with a huge fireplace.  We are paying $56 a person, which includes 4hr open bar.  And it is in a hotel if you have any out of town guests!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!
  • ltlemermaidltlemermaid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Chateau Bu Sche in Alsip IL...I had my wedding there a few years ago.  Prices, venue and food was great.  The people there were very helpful too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards