Wedding Reception Forum

Color, colors, colors.....

I am having a terrible time trying to decide on colors. I'm stuck between doing black/pink, green/purple, orange/blue and just about any other possible color combo that you can think of. I really liked teal and black but my best friend is getting married this fall and after I told her that those were the colors that I really liked, she decided the next week that her colors were going to be teal and yellow (thief!). Now, I feel like teal is out of the question. Any suggestions for fun color combos? My wedding is set for next April and it will be kinda modern and fun...

Re: Color, colors, colors.....

• I know that owning a color is not possible, I'm very aware of that. and I use the word steal very lightly.

We will be having alot of the same people in the wedding as well as having alot of the same guests. I just prefer not to use the same color that she is doing.
  • I vote orange and blue. I almost went with a light blue and coral so thats pretty close. I thought it was bright and fun

But this can depend pretty heavily on your venue. I personally can't stand pink and black, it looks weird in a lot of venues. Going with black and white and adding a bright color can be more formal or modern depending on how you play it. 

I pointed out a bunch of color combinations to my FI and he liked navy, bright green, and magenta, so I knew his opinions would be less than helpful to me. I finally decided by going through pictures of weddings and I noticed that most of the stuff I "saved" was yellow, ta-da!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thats a good idea.....imm just going to start saving pictures of everything I like then I will go thru them and probably notice there is some color combo that I keep coming across.
  • I doubt anyone will really notice, or care if they do, that you both used teal.  It's a very popular color for weddings right now.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I totally understand your color problem. I've been having the same problem myself. When I first got engaged I looked at tons of photos and really liked the idea of red. But then I worried that it would to much! Like to much color . . and thought maybe I should tone it down and go with something more me like blue or something. I finally decided that red was the color for me because everytime I would try to think of another color choice I would think of red.

If you keep coming back to teal . .than you need to use teal. It's okay that your friend is using that color. Your weddings will be totally different and you can make your color even if she uses it.
  • Honestly, colors are colors.  Your wedding won't look the same as your friend's, even if you have the same color scheme.

Unless you're getting the same WP dresses, flowers, CP's, invitations, favors, not to mention families, and venues, your weddings are going to be completely different.

Really, no one will care about your color scheme except you.  So you might as well choose what you like.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards