New York-Upstate

Lake George venue report - Mohican and Georgian

Hello Knotties! I went to Lake George last weekend to look at two venues for my July 2012 wedding.
First we went to tour the Mohican. She is not a luxury boat, but she is on the National Register of Historic Places. My fiance and I spent over an hour with Lois, the chatty event planner at the Lake George Steamboat Company, and then we toured the boat. The ceremony space is on the top deck, so as a bride I will actually walk up a flight of stairs and end up facing my guests instead of the traditional aisle. At the top of the stairs, I will walk around the staircase opening to the very back of the boat for the ceremony. It looks like a tight fit, but Lois assured me that they can fit 100+ chairs on the deck for our guests.
We then went to the Georgian. I was hesitant to tour this facility after reading reviews, but Pat welcomed me warmly and showed me their facility. Weddings can be held outdoors overlooking the Lake, and the reception room is GORGEOUS, with big windows for the lake view.
We decided we wanted the excitement of taking a cruise for our reception, so we booked the Mohican. Whew! That part is done!

Re: Lake George venue report - Mohican and Georgian

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on picking a venue! I found that decision to be the worst but once it is done you feel at ease and feel like you can make more and more decisions! The stress has been lifted from your shoulders :-) I grew up in the Lake George area and I think the cruise is a great idea for a wedding! Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I am looking forward to going on cruises up there in the spring to get a feel for the boat and brainstorm possibilities!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards