Nevada-Las Vegas

Aria In-Suite Brides *Vegas Groom-Edited*

Are you staying your whole trip at Aria?  If not, what hotel are you staying at the other days? 

We for sure are staying in the Hosp. Suite Thurs. and Fri.  (wedding is Fri.), but we'll be staying in Vegas. Wed. to Sun. so will either get a cheaper room at Aria Wed. and Sat. or stay at a completely different hotel, however, I feel like that may be a hassle.  But on the other hand, Aria isn't the cheapest hotel, so FI says if it saves us even $100 we should stay somewhere else.

Thoughts?

I also have a feeling not a lot of guests will stay at Aria due to the price, if it's the same for your guests, where are most of them staying?

Re: Aria In-Suite Brides *Vegas Groom-Edited*

• edited December 2011
    I would recommend not moving more than once or twice. I would try to stay at Aria the entire time. It is worth it just to be at one place.
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at 3 hotels during our wedding week and I would not suggest it! LOL it was a lot of moving around. Part of the reason was because of the great deals.
    Anniversary
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vegas Groom - Can I ask what your opinion is on this?  I just read my fiance' the responses, and he still doesn't get what the "big deal is to take a half hour each of the two days, take a cab to the other hotel, if it saves us $100-$150".  I said I'm just reading you the response, he's like yeah from girls, are there any guys on there, what do they think?

So I said there's one:)  What is your opinion?  Thanks!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We will probably be staying at multiple hotels during the week just because of the difference in rates.  We ultimately want to save money that we could potentially spend on our guests.  Rates are so cheap I think its worth it, I mean $35 a night versus $150 in the middle of the week is worth the half hour it would take to change, plus we plan on renting a car too.  My FI is all about saving money where we can.
  • edited December 2011
    In all honesty it takes WAY more time than 30 minutes to change hotels. You have to up all your crap, which is way more than normal bc of all the wedding stuff. Think about carting your wedding dress around. So you have to get up and pack earlier than normal to be out by check-out, call the bell hops, wait for them (and tip them). Go to the cab line and wait then battle LV traffic (oh, and tip them.) Then possible the longest part of all is waiting to check into the new hotel. (don't forget to tip your new bellhops). Then you have to get resettled into your new room. We stayed in 4 rooms in 3 different hotels for our week in Vegas, and believe me that is one thing from my wedding weekend that I would do differently. Oh I didn't even mention when MB f-ed up and locked us out of one room while trying to check into the Vista suite.
  • edited December 2011

I agree with PP, one is probably better. Also Aria I think is having a sale on rooms right now, plus maybe since its your wedding week, they can offer a discount.

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We weren't at Aria, but we did 3 different hotels.  Our situation was a bit different, because we only drove as far as Primm 2 nights before the wedding and crashed in one of the cheap, sketchy hotels there.  We only brought the one suitcase into that hotel, so getting in and out was pretty quick.  It took much, much longer to pack everything up to get out of MB and over to the Venetian, because we had all the leftover detritus from the ceremony and reception to get back down to the car. 

Though again, we left most of our stuff in the car at the Venetian, so getting into the room wasn't really a problem.  If you don't have your own car and everything you have has to go with you everywhere you go, I could see it being much more annoying.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    I did ONE hotel and ONE hotel only. I did change rooms at MB, but there is no way I would have wanted to try and get in and out of different hotels with wedding day stress.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just asked my fiance (who happens to be a man) and he said, hell, no, I wouldn't change hotels TWICE to save $150.  Between time, cab fare, tips and stress, you'll burn through the $150.  In the grand scheme of things, is it that big a deal?

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, if you have to move, I wouldn't do it more than once and it would be close. Plus you are taking away valuable vacation time to switch hotels. 
    trust me, i save where i can, but i wouldn't want to deal with all that during my wedding week.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Last year, when we went to Vegas with my parents, we got a spa suite for one night and moved to a regular room at Luxor for the rest of the time. We got lucky with being able to check into our new room right away. On a weekend, you might have to check out by noon and not get into the next room until 3p or later if their swamped. 
    Changing rooms is a pain in the butt, I can't even imagine how much it would be to change hotels. Keep it as simple as possible for yourself.
    Anyway, I can't think of a better time to induge yourself a bit than right after you get married.

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So is it safe to say that no more than 2 hotels the entire time?  I think that's doable.  One hotel for Tues -Thurs then on for the weekend?  Now that yall mention it maybe one hotel but just a different room earlier in the week would be better??  Hmmm, some things to think about for sure. After reading the PP I agree with the majority of them. Yay!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aria-suite-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c2fe461c-f39a-413e-b11b-ab19327ebdbePost:ad112cb7-f38c-48aa-8850-594669af1f96">Re: Aria In-Suite Brides *Vegas Groom-Edited*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vegas Groom - Can I ask what your opinion is on this?  I just read my fiance' the responses, and he still doesn't get what the "big deal is to take a half hour each of the two days, take a cab to the other hotel, if it saves us $100-$150".  I said I'm just reading you the response, he's like yeah from girls, are there any guys on there, what do they think? So I said there's one:)  What is your opinion?  Thanks!
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I pretty much try to avoid anything that wastes my free time because I work a lot of hours and don't get to enjoy time with my FI as much as I'd like, so the more of my fun time that would be wasted, the less I like something.  Unless the hotel you're changing to is next door and you haul your bags yourself or take the tram, then each change is going to waste I'd have to guess a minimum of 90 minutes of your time from packing, check out, cab, check in, unpack, plus however much the cab costs won't be less than $10.  So you'll waste $20 to $50 on cabs and you'll forever have the memory of changing hotels three times during your wedding trip lol.

I didn't even want to change rooms from before married to after married but my FI (BrideJackie11) did not like that idea at all :-).  I'm getting a media suite at MB for the two nights before the wedding, one with her, then she'll go stay in her parents room the night before the wedding and my groomsmen will come hang out with me in the suite and get ready in it the next day for the wedding.  She was like we're moving to a new room after we're married right?  Umm... I guess we can babe, did you want to?  She did not like the idea of starting our honeymoon in the same room where "you and your boys have been partying all day."  So, I'm going to check into the new room before the wedding, move my stuff, check out of the media suite, then after the reception we'll get her stuff from her parents room on the way to our new room.  That's a lot of moving for me and that's just in the same hotel lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    We are switching hotels one time. In our wedding package at Caesars, 2 nights are included and we are staying 3nights, 4 days...we were going to stay at Caesars the first night but I found a great deal at MGM that I used for our Bridal Parties rooms......$60/night...I couldnt pass it up when we were going to spend $250/night at Caesars. Since its just the first night I plan on packing our first day of clothes in our carry on so no need to unpack really. We are having an Insuite at Aria as well but we don't plan on staying there overnight we plan to go back to our hotel room afterwards because I AM NOT packing all our crap the day of the wedding just to stay down at Aria in our insuite.

We are renting a car the second day so that should help with the move down to Caesars...plus going to store all the booze in the trunk until the reception.

When the time comes Im hoping everything will work out the way I have it planned in my head : )
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks VG, dvohnout and everyone else - Well I'm hands down sold on NOT moving hotels. I didn't even think about all the tipping, and the check in and check out times causing problems. I'm sure after I read the responses to my FI tonight, he'll agree, he's a smart guy but probably didn't think about all the extra tips etc. either.

Now if only Aria can go ahead and put together some good deals here in the coming year, that'd be splendid:)

Good tip on them maybe giving us a better rate since it's our wedding stay, so I will def. be mentioning that!

Thanks again!

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try booking a block of rooms? the Vdara gave us a GREAT discount when we asked for a block of rooms.  almost $70 off the regular rate.  I know that we checked out the Aria and their room block policies weren't as good as the Vdara's, but it may be worth a try!
  • edited December 2011
    MB seems to frequently have 30% off coupons floating around the internet, I'm going to guess the same things exist for Aria since they're all the same company.  Keep an eye on http://www.smartervegas.com/hotels/aria/promotionalcodes.aspx too

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_aria-suite-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c2fe461c-f39a-413e-b11b-ab19327ebdbePost:51b21c10-a709-4510-90f4-b9a1d6458dc0">Re: Aria In-Suite Brides *Vegas Groom-Edited*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you try booking a block of rooms? the Vdara gave us a GREAT discount when we asked for a block of rooms.  almost $70 off the regular rate.  I know that we checked out the Aria and their room block policies weren't as good as the Vdara's, but it may be worth a try!
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

MB's room block was only about 10% off retail at the date I got the block.  The nice thing about the block though is they guarantee the rate and availability of the number of rooms in the block up to 30 days before the wedding, so we did the block for guests who are procrastinators but have made it very clear on the wedding website that booking now is going to be much cheaper with the 30% off coupon.

• edited December 2011
    I've been getting deals left & right from Aria, so I'm sure they will have a great one for you just keep your eyes open. We just got a postcard from them in the mail for $129/night with a $100 resort credit if you stay 2 nights. Suite upgrade is only $50 more.
    Also to save some $$$ try going to restaurant.com and getting some gift certificates. We're planning on going sometime in the next month or so and I got a certificate to Foundation Room and Tacos&Tequila. You have to spend a minimum amount but that's pretty easy to do.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@aegrish - No I haven't tried yet. When we were originally having the in-suite at MB since we weren't having our ceremony there they would not let us do a block, so I assumed all hotels were the same way. When I call tomorrow to pay the deposit for the Suite I'm going to ask about the block. Fingers crossed!

@VG - I haven't seen 30% coupons yet for Aria, I've been signed up on the website for about 2 months now and the best deal I've seen is the one Scareall mentioned - But that was only good for dates through Feb., our wedding isn't til Oct. Oh and yep I'm signed up for SmarterVegas, again that was the same deal on there. Hopefully some new deals will come about eventually that fit our dates.

@scareall - Good tip on Restuarant.com. I actually get certs for here from there at times, so I'll check it out for Vegas!

I think when I call I'm going to ask about the block and what is the best deals they can give us for our 4 night stay, considering we are getting a $500 suite for two of the nights, one would think they'd maybe do something for the other two nights, but maybe not too!

Thanks for the replies!

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sara, check out the Vdara too if the Aria doesn't work out.  The Vdara is also in City Center and for our dates the rates are ALOT better.  But if you want to stay at the same hotel as the in-suite then I understand, but may be worth a shot if it's $50-$75 less a night like it was for our dates.

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $50 or $75 for each of two nights isn't worth the move, IMHO.

Now, $100 or more PER night?  That might be worth the move.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @aegrish- Thanks for the tip, good call!  I called Aria about the room block and the rate was pretty high, $199 w/out tax and hotel fee.  I also called Vdara but someone still has to call me back.

Our issue also is, we basically have to do 3 seperate reservations, we are staying Wed. to Sun. and getting the Suite Thurs. and Fri., meaning we have to book a room for Wed. night and then Sat. night.  Most specials are for a two night minimum, grr.

We could stay Thurs. to Mon. instead, but we are getting married on Fri. so I was hoping to get all the stuff done we need to on Wed. and then not be rushed with stuff on Thurs. when most guests will arive and we'd do the meet and greet that night.  I suppose we could just get everything done Thurs. during the day instead.  Idk.  I'm making this too complicated I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards