West Virginia

Does anyne know of any good photographers and cake bakers in the Wheeling area????

Hi ladies! I'm getting married at Oglebey in wheeling in Oct. Of 2012. Since I live in Morgantown i am clueless about Wheeling. Does anyone know of any great photographers and cake bakers??? Im a student so im trying to start planning as early a possible. Please HELP!!!

Re: Does anyne know of any good photographers and cake bakers in the Wheeling area????

• malee33malee33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jack Chang is a photographer from New Martinsville, WV and is amazing!  That's only about 45 minutes from Wheeling.

www.jacksfoto.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jendaugjendaug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just starting to plan my May 2012 wedding. I know Suzie Q bakery in the Warwood plaza makes great birthday cakes. There is an Ohio Valley bridal show this weekend, so I hope to get some good vendor lists & samples. I will try & post as I find things out.
  • meagandptmeagandpt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually getting married up there this August and Oglebay is actually doing our wedding cake.  I haven't done the tasting with them yet, BUT they have a good reputation.  Another place is Masterpieces who is really good...they do decor and baking. 
    Photographer....well, our is from Pittsburgh and she's amazing!  She did my brothers wedding and the pictures speak for themselves.  Her name is Heather and her website is www.weddingsbyheather.com
    Our engagment pictures are going to be done by Jess Martin photography and i LOVE her!  She's out of Parkersburg, WV but will travel!
    Hope that helps!  Enjoy the planning!
  • lovedogs87lovedogs87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please do not go with Jack Wang- he was involved with a sexual abuse case and plead guilty!!! Please do not make the mistake!!!!
  • lovedogs87lovedogs87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please do not go with Jack Wang- he was involved with a sexual abuse case and plead guilty!!! Please do not make the mistake!!!! My dad actually does wedding photography!!!
  • jessinpittjessinpitt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Masterpieces does the BEST cakes in Wheeling.  My immediate and extended family has gotten dozens of cakes from them, and we're always impressed by their creativity and attention to every last detail.  They're reliable, and do their research to keep their designs current.  The only possible problem...the cakes look too good eat (but they do taste terriffic)!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you asked oglebay?  They probably have a list of vendors that they usually work with or of vendors in the area.  My cousing had her outdoor weeding there and it was soooo beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Im from wheeling. im getting married in oct of this year.. my mom is a photogragher. if you have a facebook her name is ImagesBy Carrie Durig. Hope this helps you out.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Florida bride but my cousin got married in Wheeling.

She used Jack's Foto. He was not very nice but his work is decent. She used Masterpieces and the cake was incredible!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm a WV photographer located in Parkersburg WV, but will gladly travel. Packages start at $1500 with lots of goodies included. You may view my work at www.lindsayhusk.com. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail lindsayhusk@gmail.com. Thank you,

Lindsay Husk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards