Connecticut

Ceremony Music?

Hey, just wondering what you girls are using/used for your ceremony music?

I'm having such an incredibly hard time picking something
I was adament about using something untraditional....
So for the bridal party we were tossing between 1, 2, 3, 4 by Plain white t's or the guitar intro to Tesla's love song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aubjDJc07E

But then I cannot decide what to walk down the aisle to? I'm kind of ready to just give up and go w/ the traditional Canon in D to make it all easeir

...so if you guys have any suggestions...
It doesn't have to be pop/rock songs that have been on the radio and stuff....if it's just a nice song for the girls and I to walk to, I'm open to it too.....just wanted something different

TIA! : )

Re: Ceremony Music?

• edited December 2011
    My friend used "somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world" by israel kamakawiwo'ole which I loved.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the traditional Canon D, but I wanted a modern twist... I searched and found this... I think it is a winner

Pachelbel meets U2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzVTFq8eGzY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011

I used the songs from the movie The Secret Garden then I walked down to Steady As We Go by Dave Matthews Band

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always loved Canon in D, but I decided to use it for the BP processional.  I'm walking to a violin instrumental of 'Hallelujah' (the Shrek version). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wound up going traditional, but had considered using "She's Got a Way" by Billy Joel.

• edited December 2011
    FI's uncles are amazing musicians, and i have a very short aisle, so teh entire procession is going to walk to The Flower Duet from Lakme. I think it's the most beautiful song...

(think recent Ghirardelli choclate commercial, or British airways commercial from the 80;s. Charlotte Church does a beautiful version)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
  • edited December 2011
    We did a Big Band theme of music on piano

So the processional for the MOB, MOG, etc: Someone to Watch Over Me (Gershwin)
    BMs Processional: The Man I Love (Gershwin)
    Bridal Processional:  All the Way (sung by Frank Sinatra, was sung by a friend)

Recessional: Steppin' out with my baby

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • julieandjojojulieandjojo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the processional will be "your song" by elton john & then bridal entrance "all you need is love" by the beatles -- both songs done by vitamin string quartet. if you've never heard of them you should go on the itunes store they have the vitamin string quartet and also "vitamin piano" they have very many non-traditional songs done in an orchestral or piano version. for us it was lilke a cheeky way to use non-traditional songs while maintaining the elegance of a quartet sound.
  • edited December 2011
    We used "Butterfly Waltz" for the bridal party and My mom & I walked in to the instrumental version of "Christmas Canon"  I wanted something somewhat traditional, but different.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!...Pretty much positive I'll be walking Can't Help Falling in Love done by Jon Schmidt

Now for the bridal party, it's a toss between:
    Love Story-Jon Schmidt
    or
    Somebody to Love-Vitamin String Quartet

Gotta wait for FI to get home from work and get his opinion between the two

Super excited about it, totally what I wanted.....classic/wedding sounding...but also I'm a huge music fan...so I get to have songs I love
    Thanks so much : )
  • edited December 2011
    Best discovery I ever made = Vitamin String Quartet, look them up, you won't be let down.

Bridal party came into their cover of "Stolen" (originally Dashboard Confessional)
    I came down to "Hallelijah" (originally by Paramore)

People were coming up to me during the reception commenting on how awesome it was and asking who it was by etc..

good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards