October 2013 Weddings

Engagement Photos

My FI and I are having our engagement photos done on Wednesday.  Our photographer included this in our package for no extra cost so I couldn't turn it down. I have been going back and forth about what to wear and I thought I had it figured out but now I am rethinking it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I think my FI is going to wear and nice shirt with jeans because I want these pictures to be more casual then formal.  Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Engagement Photos

• The cutest ones I have seen have been dressy jeans and button-downs for the groom and casual  sundresses or jeans and cute blouses for the bride. I also like the ones where the couple wears their University gear - my FI and I went to the same high school and college and didn't date until after we had graduated from both, haha. We will likely do some sort of University gear pictures, too. Also think about if you want to use some of your pictures for a save-the-date or not; if so, you may want to complement your invitation/wedding colors. 
  • Thanks for the advice!  I think I am going to have him wear jeans and a dressier shirt and I do have a sundress that I was thinking about wearing.  It is going to be hot here that day but hopefully we will be able to get the pictures done fairly quickly so we don't have to be outside for too long!

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Im in the same boat. Ours are more towards the end of July and Ive been looking like crazy. Fi might wear a nice pair of jeans and a royal blue tshirt so then I might wear capris and a white or black tank and then we will do another outfit. Our package came with a 90 min session.

• We got our photos done on Wednesday and it was extremely hot out that day.  I decided on a sundress and he ended up wearing a blue polo shirt with khaki shorts.  It was just too hot to wear pants or a long sleeve shirt.  My dress was black with blue and green flowers on it so it went with the shirt that he was wearing.  I can't wait to see how they came out.  We are going back in a couple weeks to look at the proofs and order some if we like the way they look.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards