Illinois-Chicago

Rant: What I wouldn't give for more time...

Our wedding is less than 30 days away and I'm REALLY feeling the crunch. All of our vendor payments are coming due and while we saved up for over a year to pay everything in cash, it still feels like we're being put through the wringer. I feel like the mafia and Lenny the Loin is nipping at our heels to get his money. I just don't want to part with it. We worked so hard to save it all and it's being so easily dispersed.

Not only that (as if that isn't stressful enough) I have so many loose ends to tie up. My Mother (of all people) is bugging me about the programs and the timeline/scheduel for everyone. She keeps telling me how much easier it will be if everyone knows where they have to go. No sh!t. Really!?! That thought never even crossed my mind. She's trying to mix the wrong flavor in my Kool-Aid!

This is not fun, I did not sign up for this part. I thought weddings and the subsequent planning were supposed to be fun!
When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Rant: What I wouldn't give for more time...

• edited December 2011
    I was a stressed out mess the days before my wedding, too. I know what you mean about parting with all of that money!! It was really hard for us! But keep in mind, people will give you money as wedding gifts, and a lot of what you spent will be given right back to you on the wedding day.

I wish I tried to enjoy the last few weeks a little more. It's all over before you know it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I feel your pain Sista!
    Especially about parting with the dough. I am paying for the majority of our wedding about 2/3 (cash) and he is paying for about 1/3 of the wedding, the rehersal, and the honeymoon.  

I have a mortgage and a child and (other expenses beside the wedding) and when I think about how I could totally remodel my house for the money I'm dropping on the wedding, I really wish I would have had a much much smaller affair.

But the wedding train is rolling down the track and there's no stoppin' it now.

I'm about 3 months out. I did everything I could to have a beautiful wedding on a serious budget, and feel good about my vendors. But i know writing all the checks is going to more painful than a root canal. 

I have a DOC so I won't have to deal with the vendors or making timelines or coordinating everything at the last minute. The planner will direct us make timelines etc.
    She is very good and VERY VERY Reasonably Priced! You should try to get one if you can eeeek it out in your budget, it's worth it!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sparkette....TRUST ME....I know how you feel. We're SOOO close!!!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It gets better after all the payments are taken care of and the numbers are given to the caterer. Those are HUGE checks and you will feel some relief when they're done. I felt like the week before the wedding wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the one month mark was much worse than I was expecting!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, one month is way worse than the week before! It will get better, and you will have so much fun once the big day is here!! :)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    I hear you!!!  I am two weeks out, and I am going freaking crazy!  I wish I could just take the next two weeks off from work to finish up all this crap.  Sigh...  As much as I can't wait for all this planning to be over, I somehow wich I had more time.  Thank goodness for FI and my sister and my mother.  They are doing their best to help me keep my sanity!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards