Massachusetts-Boston

list of recent wedding progress - long - wedding 5/15

We met with all of the photopraphers and chose our favorite - major bonus for staying in budget on this!    www.geneverege.com.We met with the prospective officiant and have decided to use her - Robin Zucker.  She also will do the Prepare program of marriage preparation with us which is great. Unfortunately she is $200 over what we had budgeted.  Grrrr.  She also wants us to consider live music for the ceremony and that adds both a cost and planning element I really don't want to deal with.It turns out my Zumba instructor has a wedding makeup business on the side.  She only charges $35 for the bride day of, (and $35 trial) with no minimum.  She sets up a trial where she comes to my house, and uses my makeup --- if she finds that my makeup is not the correct colors or that I don't have something I should, we go together to buy it.  Hair, I know the look I want but haven't found anyone to do it.  I think I might see if my hairstylist wants to give it a go .... but I would definitely need a trial first.Dress - is being made by Maria at Sabella Couture.  I am feeling better about not looking like a sausage in it now that I am in the boot camp class.  I am not going to deal with jewelry until I have my dress fitting on April 9th.  I do need to pick up a swatch of the dress to order the veil in the correct color.Invites, have the diy invites from whiteaisle.com, bought the stamps, and decided on wording but have lost all desire to deal with finding a font and doing the printing.  HATE. Bouquets might be a game time decision.  We are over budget the amount we had designated for our two bouquets.  I am thinking of buying ribbon and pearl-tipped straight pins, then just getting a few fresh cut flowers on the day of.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: list of recent wedding progress - long - wedding 5/15

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Instead of flowers maybe you can do some candle centerpieces.  That would save lots of money.  You could go to the christmas tree shop or the dollar store.  They always have candles and holders.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen really simple calla lilly bouquets you could probably do yourself.  I think if you get a bunch of mini callas at whole foods and tie them yourself it would be really pretty.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! It is bouquets we are short on.  I am not worried about centerpieces because the restaurant is gorgeous.  Since it is a surprise wedding (people are being invited to an engagement party) we are fine with just the flowers they provide.

This is a photo of the room:

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh thats a pretty rest!  What if you do just babys breath bouquets?  You could add a pretty ribbon and some crystals.  Any "fillers" are really inexpensive.  You can go to the flower market and get bundles of this stuff.  Kind of like this:

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hair- look back through the posts, someone recently made a rec for a hairdresser in the North End, I think.

Invites- I feel for you doing them yourself! maybe just set aside one day or night and try to get it all done? And then reward yourself after!

Bouquets- I agree with PPs (and you). Just get some fabric (maybe even remnants from your dress alterations?) and go to the flower market and get whatever they have. For May- maybe tulips?

Good luck with the rest of the planning! And props on all that you have already done!

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like great progess!! What are you thinking of doing with your hair? And how awesome that you are having a dress made. Do you have any inspiration photos?
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies - I posted the pics to give you visuals.  The hair is a combination of marcel curls and pin curls.  I want 20's movie star.  

Thanks for your input on flowers.  Baby's breath filler might work!  I THOUGHT non-vendors weren't allowed into the Flower exchange - so is there a particular flower market you are each referring to?
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I haven't lived in Boston in 5 years, but there used to be flowers at the farmers market next to the Garage on the City Hall side of Fanueil Hall. Is that still there? I don't think I would call it a flower market, but there used to be vendors that sold flowers there...
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had babies breath arrangements for our ceremony and it looked lovely. Tulips are also a great suggestion from pp. If you don't feel comfortable going to a flower market, try Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or Roche Bros. They have gorgeous flowers prearranged, it would be very easy to bundle are wrap the stems with ribbon. 

You're making great progress! I love your dress and hair inspiration, what a gorgeous look! 

So....no one knows they're coming to your wedding? Not even your parents? How exciting!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_list-of-recent-wedding-progress-long-weding-515?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:f7728ebe-85c7-41e7-bb43-a317b1e210acPost:327b4df6-8eb2-471f-b4a7-92ab12bd5caa">Re: list of recent wedding progress - long - wedding 5/15</a>:
    [QUOTE]So....no one knows they're coming to your wedding? Not even your parents? How exciting!
    Posted by Shazzie116[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My parents and sister know, and her brother as well as one other couple traveling from California know.  There is also a friend who found me out on here who now knows.  Hopefully no others.  Trying to keep things calm and simple without loading everyone else's expectations on top of what we actually want.

</div>
  • penname11penname11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, you are having Maria make your dress!  That is so awesome.  I love her!
  • dparisidparisi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your doing great!!! Don't give up-keep moving forward, your almost there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards