Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Average price of a good DJ/emcee?

I am doing some wedding research so I can put together a preliminary budget for my wedding.  I would like to keep the total cost $10,000 or less.  This is not counting the rehearsal dinner, wedding night hotel stay, or honeymoon.

How much should I expect to spend on a good DJ/emcee for a 4-hour dinner and dancing reception?  I live north of Dallas, so if anyone has referrals that would be great as well!

Thanks all! :)
~Malori, proud Army fiancee to Mark~

Re: Average price of a good DJ/emcee?

• edited December 2011
    aboutweddings.com says to budget 4% of the total for reception music. If the average American wedding is $27K, and the average bride follows that advice, that's $1,080 for the average spent on reception music.

For recommendations, check your local board. They might also have a more realistic price figure locally.
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The price is really going to depend on your location, what time of the year your getting married and what day of the week. I wanted to be within a budget so I picked Sunday to get married on and I was able to get better deals since Sundays are harder to book for those companies. For referrals I would check on your local wedding board <--------- Good luck!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards