New York-Long Island

Vineyards

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at the vineyards on LI? I need some information I dont want to spend a fortune but we are goign with the rustic theme and that seems so perfect.Any information would be helpful!!!

Re: Vineyards

• I am not sure where it is exactly, but look up Vineyard Caterers - it's a catering hall, but it's surrounded by vineyards so you get that "vineyard feel" for less than an actual vineyard costs.  I priced vineyards briefly, but most have site fees of $5000-7000, plus catering costs of over $100 pp.  It was just out of our price range.  If that's in your budget though, I went to an event last year at Raphael, and it was AMAZING.  Really beautiful and very good food.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • agree with StephBean. I priced out vineyards as well, and aside from the site fee, you also had to provide your own catering, rentals, etc at many of them...which in the end gave them a pretty hefty price tag.
    Raphael was the only one with an all-inclusive package. The winery was absolutely gorgeous, but again, the price tag was a little hefty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married next Saturday at Pellegrini Vineyards - they were my first choice and miraculously had the lowest site rental fee of any of the vineyards we visited ($5000 - which is still quite a lot).  We also had to rent a tent (could be anywhere from $3000-$9000 depending on options), so that's at least $8000 before you've even fed one guest.  It's pricy, but we have a relatively small group (90 people) and it's what I've always dreamed of, so it's what we're doing!  We did look at Raphael and while the all-inclusive package was tempting, it just wasn't what we were looking for.  It is beautiful, but very enclosed - you don't really get the "vineyard" feel there I didn't think.  It was just another catering hall, in my opinion.  If I had an unlimited budget, I would have gone with Bedell.  Outrageously expensive (If I remember correctly, $15,000 site rental!!) but amazing.

I've got lots of info on this stuff - let me know if you have any other questions!
  • Thank you everyone...I think it may be a little out of our budget. We are going to look and see what else is out there. I appreciate your help :)
  • <div>If that doesn't work.  Hire a wine consultant...at least the wine selection will be great.</div><div><a href="http://www.andolinicapital.com" rel="nofollow">www.andolinicapital.com</a></div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://longisland.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_vineyards-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:5230bcb3-5c5b-4792-a36a-70291e8598ccPost:8aa4fd9f-1ce3-4d6a-a773-654c1b9d7829">Vineyards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone had or been to a wedding at the vineyards on LI? I need some information I dont want to spend a fortune but we are goign with the rustic theme and that seems so perfect.Any information would be helpful!!!
    Posted by theresa1879[/QUOTE]
  • Vineyard Caterers is amazing. The food is fantastic, the hall is great, and the price was pretty wonderful as well. Check it out.
    Just Married Photo
  • I went to look at a vineyard out in Long Island and they are def pricey! I looked at Raphael's and it was $170 per person plus a $14,000 site fee! It's absolutely beautiful but might be out of your budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards