Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

DIY Beauty Regimen Tips and Ideas?

I am trying to get nice smooth skin before my wedding. So far I have been drinking about a liter of water with lemon and a little honey every day, and have tried a homemade avocado mask. Anyone have anything else that might help?

Re: DIY Beauty Regimen Tips and Ideas?

• Find a moisturizer with sunscreen and you're combining two steps in one. I use Aveeno's new Fresh Essentials line, which has vitamin E and C and some other suppliments in it plus sunscreen at 30 spf for the day cream and my skin hasn't looked this good in years. I get compliments from friends.
  • Everything that everyone has mentioned is great. Also, try to sleep more! Or take a nap!  Do not let the little things stress you out.
  • St Ives is actually not a great idea, especially if you have sensitive or breakout prone skin.  Believe it or not, man-made exfoliants are actually better because they're smoother and rounder.  The natural ones are sharp and can cause microtears in your skin which can lead to clogged pores, pimples, redness, etc. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_diy-beauty-regimen-tips-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:b4c9699c-07fe-44c1-a02f-306704ee4c21Post:83553bf3-efbe-4185-a19f-3dcf090f6783">Re: DIY Beauty Regimen Tips and Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]St Ives is actually not a great idea, especially if you have sensitive or breakout prone skin.  Believe it or not, man-made exfoliants are actually better because they're smoother and rounder.  The natural ones are sharp and can cause microtears in your skin which can lead to clogged pores, pimples, redness, etc. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE the st. Ives but many people do not.  I think its one of those things that either works awesome for a person or is the worst. thing. ever.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards