Georgia-Atlanta

Venue on the water??

Roswel River Landing was my first choice but they are booked and have a waiting list. Does anybody know of a venue that overlooks water (could even be a pool) and is budget friendly?? BACKSTORY- Current venue is undergoing construction and was supposed to be completed before the wedding but now it's not. Guest count is 75 and the budget is $5k for venue, food/bar and cake. TIA!

Re: Venue on the water??

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe look into somewhere on Lake Lanier? I think they do weddings but might be pricey. If not, I'd just check into some other lakes around or hope some other ATL knotties know of a place with a private pond or pool. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what part of atlanta your looking at , but there is Pristine Chapel in Jonesboro. They have an outdoor site on the lake. There is also a couple venues on water I know of in Macon but I don't know if you are looking at that area.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Vecoma at the Yellow River
    Photobucket
  • dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stone Mountain Park. A friend of mine got married at a pavillion there. It was gorgeous. I think you go through the Evergreen Marriott for rental and catering. Don't know prices.
  • edited December 2011
    755 West also has a lake on which they do weddings.

Lake Lanier has a couple of places including Lake Lanier Islands Resort.

How far are you willing to travel?

If your budget is $5,000 for wedding, food/bar, and cake...you might consider looking at some State Parks to see what type of group shelters or special events locations they have (not the hotels, etc. as that will be over $5,000.)  Lake Allatoona has a nice "group shelter" in a cove.  The interior may have concrete floors, but it has a beautiful stone fireplace, A/C, and an area just below the building that looks out over the Lake (and looks towards the West for beautiful sunset pictures.)
  • edited December 2011
    @ Hydrophile... Where is the "group shelter" located on Lake Allatoona? I am in the same dilemma as princessannie12. I am very familiar with Lake Allatoona but can't picture where this is. Any help would be great:)
  • bythesea12bythesea12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this would be too far away, but Pristine Chapel in Jonesboro. They have all-inclusive packages AND an inside Plan B for weather.
  • edited December 2011
    My bridal salon is having a HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Please ask for Sara !!
  • jjgoodinjjgoodin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im having my rehearsal dinner at Lake Lanier and wedding at Windermere Golf Club. I know Lake Lanier has several different options. The Golf Club has a ceremony site by the water and a beautiful willow tree!
  • jamier627jamier627 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Canoe-the restaurant on Paces Ferry is right on the Chatahoochee river. They have a very nice outdoor area for ceremony and a tent for reception. The cake is included in the price, but alcohol and food is not. Their food is a bit pricy because it is a restaurant, but it is delicious! http://www.canoeatl.com/special-events-2/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards