South Carolina

DJ pricing in the upstate?

FI and I are on a super budget. We are considering doing an "Ipod" wedding, but if a DJ is inexpensive enough, I may consider that (I can get stressed easy sometimes). I've looked at some websites, but no one will list even an approx pricing. I don't want to contact anyone to hear that it'll be $1,000 for music. Is there anyone out there that does a good job for a few hundred or should we just stick with DIY?

Re: DJ pricing in the upstate?

• edited December 2011
    We paid under $700 and I think we got a great DJ. We're using Life of the Party, and I know other people on this board are using them too.

I would at least pay someone to do the ceremony. 
    Anniversary
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     We're using Life of the Party, too, and it's extremely affordable.

And I second kayleighe on the ceremony. I went to a wedding once where the bride's uncle did the iPod for the ceremony. It was a bit of a trainwreck.
    Anniversary
  • scsteph1983scsteph1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    same as PPs
  • edited December 2011
    Okay. You guys have convinced me. I'm looking around for a good deal. I think it would take so much stress off before (and during!) if we had a DJ to take care fo the music for us. Thanks for you girls' opinions! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Agree w/ pp's - Life of the Party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leffingleffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a DJ in Myrtle Beach for $500 because my wedding is on a Sunday. He said that if it were a Saturday, he would charge $900. So, if you're looking to save money, try having your wedding on basically any other day than Saturday!
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards