Registry and Gift Forum

What are you getting your groom for a wedding gift?

I really want to get something special for my finance on the day of our wedding. So I thought I would get some ideas from you guys. What are you getting your soon to be hubby on the day of.

Re: What are you getting your groom for a wedding gift?

• I got DH a laptop as a wedding gift.  I also sent over cigars and scotch on the morning of the wedding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I purchased cuff links on Etsy made from in insides of vintage watches and he gave me an aquamarine bracelet (we both wanted something we could wear on our wedding day).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bought H a Guinness logo mini-refrigerator for the computer room.
  • We ddin't exchange presents at the wedding.  We spent too much money on the wedding already... but I bought him a watch shortly after since he wanted and needed a new one.
  • We did not do gifts... We gave each other the rest of our lives.  That was enough for me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm thinking of doing a boudoir photo shoot and giving him an album with some of my favorites.

If I don't do that, I may give him a lot of little gifts that have meaning to us from our relationship like a Cubs shirt (we go to games together all the time), a personalized beer mug (he would LOVE something like this and we enjoy going out for drinks), etc. I'd write him a little note with each gift explaining why he's getting it (like for the Cubs shirt, I might say "Proof that love can be unconditional")....stuff like that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We agreed not to do gifts but I surprised my husband with his favorite bottle of scotch and 3 shot glasses so he could toast with his groomsmen.  I also included a handwritten note and delivered it all on the afternoon of the wedding.  He loved it.

• I am also planning on sending over a bottle and some cigars.
  • I did boudoir pics and sent over the book along with a handwritten note to the grooms suite while we were getting ready. DH loved it! A lot of the girls on my local did this as gifts for their DH's and it's always a huge hit and a great gift idea.
  • My fiance and my first dance is "A Whole New World" and I found a picture frame with some of the lyrics on it and I'm going to put a picture of us from our first time out together in it, to show our progress as a couple. It's a small thing but I hope that he'll like it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG I didn't even know you were supposed to do this!! I am so clueless ;)  Looking forward to the responses!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_getting-groom-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:7be829b7-80a8-43c2-8ce5-52fd5838fae0Post:32b74f43-74e9-4d5a-b723-dcf206dc98f8">Re: What are you getting your groom for a wedding gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I didn't even know you were supposed to do this!! I am so clueless ;)  Looking forward to the responses!
    Posted by mom2em4ever[/QUOTE]

You really don't have to do this.  Don't worry about it! 
  • i got him cufflinks made from seats at the old Yankees stadium.  He loved them. 
  • I am giving FI Decepticon cufflinks (he's loved Transformers since he was a kid) and a boudoir photo album.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards