Favors

Monogrammed Shot Glasses?

Has anyone bought these as favors? I am looking for somewhere to get these for CHEAP as I already have a candy buffet and photobooth, but still want a small cute favor to actually have on the table. Plus my fiance and I share the same initials A.S which is fun and we have somewhat of a wilder crowd who would get great use and appreciate them so I would really love to do this if I can find a cheap one :)
Photobucket

Re: Monogrammed Shot Glasses?

• aspe85aspe85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were originally thinking of doing the same thing when we first got engaged. We have since decided on a different idea, but when we had first thought of doing it, I found this website.

http://www.logobarproducts.com/?page=home

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but you can put lots of cute pictures and stuff in, if you want!

HTH!! Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just keep in mind that some guests might not use them after the wedding. I've heard of so many brides say they have received monogramed or name/date favors from other weddings that they just got rid of because they wouldnt display them in their home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I don't like anything with someone else's name on it (actually I don't really like things with my name on it). You might like the idea, but chaces are this is getting thrown away, or put in a cabinet never to be seen again.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You already have a candy buffet and photobooth. I really think that's enough. Save your money and use it for something else the guests will appreciate while they are at your reception, maybe an appetizer or additional candy.  
  • plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree most monogramed things end up in the back of the cupboard. I was given this type of favor and when it was used they said "Huh?" Sis you steal that because those are not your initials. I had to explain it was a wedding gift and after that it ended up in the garbage. I agree with Suenkevin... save the money or use it for something else.
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's - no matter how cheap you get them, it will go in the trash when I get home.  I don't need barware with someone else's name/initials on it.
  • edited December 2011
    As much as I agree with the idea of most people will put a monogrammed anything in the back and not display it, I also I feel that its a great reminder for your guests of your special day. You want to thank them for spending the time to come out and support you. The photobooth and the candy are little cute practical gifts that your guests will love. BUT then you are giving them a sentimental gift to remind them of your day and that they shared that with you.

Even though it might get pushed aside and forgotten about, 1 year, 5 years, or 10 years down the road they will come across that monogrammed shot glass and say "wow, remember their wedding, and how much fun it was, and so on and so on..." I think the monogram is a great idea for a favor, in addition to the practical stuff they will enjoy.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I totally agree! Everyone uses shotglasses and no one I've ever met has a matching set of them either. The best kinds are a hodge podge of ones you've collected over the years. Thats what makes them fun- grabbing one from the cupboard and smiling at what it is and the memory behind it.  So I do not agree it will never get used or thrown out. Its not like a lame monogrammed picture frame I'm expecting people to put out and use everyday or something. I'm not sure about you people but me and my friends and family drink and I know they would love this and use it even if it was only once in a while. I don't question that. I dont have people coming who would throw away a shotglass when they got home either. Like whoa. Thanks for the opinions but I was really just looking for some websites here...
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Yea... um we actually just bought the same thing. We went through www.discountmugs.com We ordered  220 of them, plain small ones. it cost us $208.00. We put out names and date on it, contrary to the opinions lol. Not gonna lie, the website and everything was kind of sketchy but we went through it anyways bc it was inexpensive. But we got them a few weeks later and they came out great. So I would look there.

We are going to fill ours with candy too to add a little extra. good luck hope this helps!
  • ejoyce8ejoyce8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do the shot glass. you already have enough with the photo booth and candy....save your money

I usually leave those items on the table because they just clutter my cabinets
    Anniversary bethandanthony.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards