Not Engaged Yet

Sunday Chatter?

Anyone around today?

I'm lounging on the couch, watching TV. FI is at the Dolphins/Jets game. 

I can't stop watching the damn weather. I'm so freaked out by this storm! I have food in the crock pot right now and I'm going to make a soup later so we'll have plenty of food for a few days in case we lose power. We stocked up on water (and wine). Our flashlights and batteries are ready to go. FI started sorting the basement, I have to go down and finish up at some point. Our basement flooded to my knees last year with Irene. We parked the cars a block away where it's a bit higher since our street floods so badly just with normal rain. I can't think of what else I should do.

NYC is shutting down all public transit tonight at 7 and I heard something about NJ Transit shutting down too. I'm hoping to not have to work tomorrow. We work through EVERYTHING, though, so who knows. 

What are YOU up to today? If you're in the area, what'd you do to prepare?

Re: Sunday Chatter?

• Are we on the same internet schedule or something?

I'm back in bed - we just had breakfast, and we'll be heading downstairs to watch the Man Utd game in about an hour.

As far as this storm goes, I'm pretty freaked out as well.  You and I were reading the same storm coverage, and both BF and mom have been making fun of me for being so freaked.  We didn't really do anything to prepare though.  I have chips and salsa, and wine.  BF bought beer.  We bought food for dinner tonight, but I think we're going to play the rest by ear.  We aren't too worried about food during the storm, and by the time the power goes out, it will probably be close to over, so we'll be able to drag the grill out.  We bought water, and we're apparently going to be caulking the windows this afternoon.  I'm just happy to be at BF's instead of my parents'.  Although let's be honest, even if I had my own place I'd probably be here.  Or we'd be at my place.  Whateevr.  I'm rambling.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:1b13b8f9-4b29-4ae1-a879-d35a422a84e3">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are we on the same internet schedule or something? I'm back in bed - we just had breakfast, and we'll be heading downstairs to watch the Man Utd game in about an hour. As far as this storm goes, I'm pretty freaked out as well.  You and I were reading the same storm coverage, and both BF and mom have been making fun of me for being so freaked.  We didn't really do anything to prepare though.  I have chips and salsa, and wine.  BF bought beer.  We bought food for dinner tonight, but I think we're going to play the rest by ear.  We aren't too worried about food during the storm, and by the time the power goes out, it will probably be close to over, so we'll be able to drag the grill out.  We bought water, and we're apparently going to be caulking the windows this afternoon.  I'm just happy to be at BF's instead of my parents'.  Although let's be honest, even if I had my own place I'd probably be here.  Or we'd be at my place.  Whateevr.  I'm rambling.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I got up at 7:30 this morning to make FI bloody marys to take to the game with him and then ended up just staying up so I could put stuff in the crock pot. I want a nap already. </div><div>
    </div><div>I wish you were here so we could go out for the game today. It's not on TV here, which I'm freaking pissed about because the Vagiants don't play until 4. There's no football on Fox at 1. I hate that! </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:83887f3f-3c19-4837-ab1b-ac686ca83cfd">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : I got up at 7:30 this morning to make FI bloody marys to take to the game with him and then ended up just staying up so I could put stuff in the crock pot. I want a nap already.  I wish you were here so we could go out for the game today. It's not on TV here, which I'm freaking pissed about because the Vagiants don't play until 4. There's no football on Fox at 1. I hate that! 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish you were HERE.  With all of your babies.  Because then we could go to the Eagles bar in DC, and even if that whore Sandy decides to ravage us, we're far enough inland that you'll be fine.  As worried as I am for us, I'm basically in panic mode for you.</div>
    I french with my man
  • I wish I could fully understand what's going on with Sandy. This is one of those instances that having television might actually be good. The news stories I'm reading online don't explain it too much, so I'm a little lost regarding exactly what's going down. I long for the Weather Channel. Why can't they just let us pick a few channels to pay for instead of making us buy hundreds of channels we'll never use??

And it's cold as a sh*t here. It was too hot in New Orleans and now it's too cold here, but that might be because of the sunburn that New Orleans gave me :|. The dogs were ecstatic to see us home though, so that makes vacation return a little better. What I'm NOT looking forward to is going to work tomorrow without an engagement ring because my coworkers will ride my ass about it and say bad things about Tyler because he hasn't proposed yet. This happens after every. single. fuckin'. vacation. and I can't stand it. Why can't they just leave us alone??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:7b7c2dbe-fe7c-47bb-ac84-d04624cd4f0b">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could fully understand what's going on with Sandy. This is one of those instances that having television might actually be good. The news stories I'm reading online don't explain it too much, so I'm a little lost regarding exactly what's going down. I long for the Weather Channel. Why can't they just let us pick a few channels to pay for instead of making us buy hundreds of channels we'll never use?? And it's cold as a sh*t here. It was too hot in New Orleans and now it's too cold here, but that might be because of the sunburn that New Orleans gave me :|. The dogs were ecstatic to see us home though, so that makes vacation return a little better. What I'm NOT looking forward to is going to work tomorrow without an engagement ring because my coworkers will ride my ass about it and say bad things about Tyler because he hasn't proposed yet. This happens after every. single. fuckin'. vacation. and I can't stand it. Why can't they just leave us alone??
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Basically, the hurricane is going to make landfall somewhere in NJ (the eye I guess) and converge with a cold front coming from the west, along with there being a full-moon so it's going to be really bad. I heard the storm is 300 miles wide. It's bigger and stronger than Irene who majorly fucked up NJ last year. </div>

• Good morning ladies.  I just got up after we decided not to go to church.  H couldn’t get to sleep til 2 so he wants to sleep in to make sure he will be worth something in order to study today.  I am working on my paper on the Odyssey, which isn’t going as well as I would like it too.

I would be really freaked out if a big storm like that was headed my way too.  I hope you guys are fine. :/  Rdr I think you are prepared to your full extent.  Maybe wash the sheets so you have clean sheets to sleep on?  

Ahstill- I am sorry your coworkers will be jerks like that.  That really isn't cool of them to say things like that.  How was your vacation? 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:9d5e85aa-f647-4207-93ed-c4056cf92814">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahstill- I am sorry your coworkers will be jerks like that.  That really isn't cool of them to say things like that.  How was your vacation? 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]
    It was really good besides the whole getting burnt to a crisp thing. I was hoping the peeling would stop before I go back to work, but it looks like that's gonna be a big, fat no :(. We got to explore a lot more of the city than last time -- we stayed in a house in the Bywater and the owner let me borrow a bicycle so that I could run to get dinner or pick up groceries. We got to see a lot of cemeteries, went to all of the Audubon things in town (aquarium, insectarium, park, zoo) and ate yummy food!

And my coworkers just don't know boundaries. One of my coworkers has known her husband for a month less than Tyler and I have been dating, and she already has an 11 month old, so everyone thinks that I'm supposed to be hurrying up and they judge Tyler harshly for not proposing yet despite a year and a half of having the ring. I wish they would just leave us alone and mind their own damn business.

• I'm worried for you all, too and will be thinking good thoughts for you!

Our honeymoon friends just left. We had so much fun and are sad they're gone. Now I have to wash about a thousand glasses and get some chicken ready for the crock pot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Ahstill- Sounds like a fun vacation!!  Sorry about your coworkers though :/  Can you ask them to leave you alone?

Tiger- What are you making??  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'm making this, but with chicken instead of pork. And maybe Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper instead of Coke. YUM.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:6d1d3699-39d7-40a0-bf34-213ff4d09563">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahstill- Sounds like a fun vacation!!  Sorry about your coworkers though :/  Can you ask them to leave you alone?
    If they start riding my ass tomorrow, I will let them know that they need to leave this be.

• Tiger- Nom!  I am just making grilled cheese tonight, not very exciting lol. But it is still yummy and I can't wait for it!  Damn this grammar class is making me correct my horrible grammar!  lol

Ahstill- I hope they don't bother you!

Did anyone do anything fun yesterday?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Tiger: That looks AMAZING! 

Ray: Yesterday, I got up and started getting ready for the storm. Then I went into NYC for a late lunch with my girlfriends and then out for drinks last night with my bff/moh. We had a blast and definitely drank too much. I was home and in bed at 10pm hahaha

I'm making SkinnyTaste Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken which will be for dinner tonight and I am in the process of making the SkinnyTaste Chicken Pot Pie Soup! I'm going to have that for lunch when it's ready in a few minutes so I will report back on how yummy it is Laughing

• Hello ladies.  (I started to say "good morning," but then I looked at the clock.  H and I were very lazy about getting going today).

I'm around....  writing a history paper for my friend because I don't have the stones to tell her to do it her damn self.  Ugh.

I've been tracking Sandy like a crazy person.  I'm sending all of my telekinetic powers up there to push her away.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:e3c4ec6f-f1e6-4347-974a-aba0e41b2af9">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies.  (I started to say "good morning," but then I looked at the clock.  H and I were very lazy about getting going today). I'm around....  <strong>writing a history paper for my friend because I don't have the stones to tell her to do it her damn self. </strong> Ugh. I've been tracking Sandy like a crazy person.  I'm sending all of my telekinetic powers up there to push her away.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait, what?</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:de5b5b05-5f5f-4a7e-a85c-f3f443d4a3e1">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : Wait, what?
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Ha.  Ok, so my friend has the final paper due for a class she's taking, and I told her that I would edit it for her.  (You guys know how much I enjoy fixing others' grammar, right?)  I said "just hammer it out and send it to me; I'll make it sound good."

She sent me a rough outline and a few pages of quotes she intended to use.  So I'm doing a lot more than just editing and I'm thoroughly annoyed about it.
  • Rdr that sounds so good! Can you send some to me please??  Now I want pot pie :( 

Elle I am disappointed in you.  Are you a witch or what?  ;)  What is the paper about?  We can share paper writing miseries together! lol I guess I should start working on that.  I have been watching music videos of my new favorite musical: Elisabeth 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:681e4256-8f15-473d-acdc-1accdc0287dd">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rdr that sounds so good! Can you send some to me please??  Now I want pot pie :(    Elle I am disappointed in you.  Are you a witch or what?  ;)  What is the paper about?  We can share paper writing miseries together! lol I guess I should start working on that.  I have been watching music videos of my new favorite musical: Elisabeth   

<div><a href="http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/chicken-pot-pie-soup.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">CLICKY</a></div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:681e4256-8f15-473d-acdc-1accdc0287dd">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rdr that sounds so good! Can you send some to me please??  Now I want pot pie :(    Elle I am disappointed in you. <strong> Are you a witch or what?</strong>  ;)  What is the paper about?  We can share paper writing miseries together! lol I guess I should start working on that.  I have been watching music videos of my new favorite musical: Elisabeth   

Hahaha!  What's the spell for conjuring a history paper out of thin air?

The paper is about a particular rifle that was used in the Civil War.  I have pretty much no interest in History and absolutely no interest in weapons, so this is not exactly fun.  It's also a very different style of paper than I'm used to.  I can write lab reports and literary criticisms all day long, but I haven't written a straight-up research paper since high school.  Blah.
  • OMG this soup is SO FREAKING GOOD! 

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:e6cf2158-c1e7-4adc-b350-77807d3fd9f4">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : CLICKY
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Added!  I am so making this!  <div>
    </div><div>How is it?</div><div>
    </div><div>EDIT:  Oh that makes me happy! Soup shall be made!</div>

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:52cae041-1867-4997-8fe7-7726b8e1bf8c">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : Hahaha!  What's the spell for conjuring a history paper out of thin air? The paper is about a particular rifle that was used in the Civil War.  I have pretty much no interest in History and absolutely no interest in weapons, so this is not exactly fun.  It's also a very different style of paper than I'm used to.  I can write lab reports and literary criticisms all day long, but I haven't written a straight-up research paper since high school.  Blah.
    Acio Histriae Duh.  <div>
    </div><div>That sounds really boring.  I am sorry.  You are a much better friend than I am. I would return it to her and say I am sorry I fixed what I could Good luck! </div>

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:e994b3c1-9605-4f43-a9e6-cc73beae1595">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : Acio Histriae Duh.   That sounds really boring.  I am sorry.  You are a much better friend than I am. I would return it to her and say I am sorry I fixed what I could Good luck! 

She did say she would pay me.  Let's hope she follows through.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:39e8d939-70b2-44b8-874d-a47b632727f5">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : She did say she would pay me.  Let's hope she follows through.

<div>I totally thought this kind of thing only happened in movies and on bad tv.  And professors used those movies and bad tv shows to tell us that we'd get our knees kicked in if we ever tried it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Confession: I kind of miss writing research papers.  My best work (IMO) was my freshman research paper on the role of relics in Catholicism and Buddhism.  That paper rocked.</div>
    I french with my man
  • I'm just laying around in bed trying to get the photos from my phone onto my computer and edit them before I post them on Facebook. Josh's parents have a halloween party every year and it was last night. Josh was Joker and I was Harley Quinn. The costume I had was the one in the Batman game with the Harley Quinn dlc - Harley's Revenge. It was fun. My dad dressed up as Phantom of the Opera. I also worked an 8 hour shift before going to the party. My stomach is killing me today. I'm not doing too much today. I might go over to my dad's for dinner tonight. I will post pictures of the costumes after I get them edited. My camera on my phone likes to give people red eye and glowing eyes. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited October 2012
    Hey everyone!

I'm laying in bed watching gossip girl and appyling for jobs.  I get to skype BF tonight, which is exciting!  Haha.  My life is so lame.  I have an awesome Daenerys Targaryen custome I put together for halloween, but since my only friend is out of town, I haven't had any parties to wear it to.  :(

Elle, I'm trying not to be super judgey, but isn't it a little unethical to write someone's paper for money?  I totally get editing, but actually writing?  
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:9a8155fd-de69-4e05-a62e-0f184d23ac7c">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Chatter? : I totally thought this kind of thing only happened in movies and on bad tv.  And professors used those movies and bad tv shows to tell us that we'd get our knees kicked in if we ever tried it. Confession: I kind of miss writing research papers.  My best work (IMO) was my freshman research paper on the role of relics in Catholicism and Buddhism.  That paper rocked.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I've considered starting an under-the-table busines writing papers for English and Science students.  I love that stuff.  I'm just not so good at writing straightforward research papers where I don't get to bring in any new ideas.  I like finding really weird ways to look at things.

Like, I wrote a paper on "The Consolation of Philosophy" where I compared "Philosophy" to a voluptuous woman tempting Boetheus into bed with her.

I made an A.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sunday-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:524b4925-a4d7-49ae-b7a2-a56a3c6011d8Post:6b2ce89e-0e6c-4615-a88f-a135d5adf4e5">Re: Sunday Chatter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone! I'm laying in bed watching gossip girl and appyling for jobs.  I get to skype BF tonight, which is exciting!  Haha.  My life is so lame.  I have an awesome Daenerys Targaryen custome I put together for halloween, but since my only friend is out of town, I haven't had any parties to wear it to.  :( <strong>Elle, I'm trying not to be super judgey, but isn't it a little unethical to write someone's paper for money?  I totally get editing, but actually writing?</strong>  
    Posted by alleycat821[/QUOTE]

Of course it is.  What's your point?
  • Hiya,

I am around today.  I'm really getting freaked out by this storm and hoping I don't have to go out for work tomorrow. I'm making pasta fagioli soup and watching the Jets try to play football.

Anniversary

• Rae- I can't wait to see pictures! You costume sounds awesome! 

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards