Texas-San Antonio
Options

The Knot Texas Magazine needs your help!

Hey, Texas brides!

The Knot Texas Magazine is looking for insider tips from local brides. As you are planning (or planned!) your wedding, what is some of the best advice you have garnered that you can pass on to other brides in your area?

Topics could include:

1. Amazing vendors that made your planning go much more smoothly.
2. Secret local spots that made for gorgeous photos.
3. Things you wish you had known about planning a wedding in your area.

Leave your tip below and you might see it show up in our fall/winter issue!

TIA!

Re: The Knot Texas Magazine needs your help!

• Options
    rumbler92rumbler92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The San Juan and San Jose missions are GORGEOUS spots for bridal and engagement pictures!!  There is also a train track that runs through Schertz that is perfect for something a little different for your pictures. 

Madame Makeup is the BEST for hair/makeup.

Chanda Carter of Chanda's Photography has taken my engagement and bridal portraits and will be shooting our wedding.  She is super sweet and takes beautiful pictures.  Chanda was able to capture who my fiance and I were and we love our pictures. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended one Bridal Fair approximately three weeks after I got engaged. I just took everything people we handing out and asked how soon did I have to make a decision. A lot of the vendors extended the special to a a few weeks after the fair. I sat down with my beau and we weeded out what didn't fit into our budget. Then we worked with a few people who actually talked to us at the fair.

By the end of the week we had our venue (we went with a hotel that we are rewards members with) that both the ceremony and reception will be held, the DJ, the photographer and an appointment set to view dresses with a friend's mom. We didn't feel pressured to sign anything and now it's Feb 1 and our wedding is November 11th. I can't tell you how much better it feels when the major items are arranged.

Talk to everyone you know who has recently wed. It helps tremendously. If you feel uncomfortable signing the contract then dont' sign it. Your insticts are always right. Good luck.
    November 2011 Siggy Contest
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laredo Brides need help too! There is a local bridal booklet that comes out every three months with information (ldoweddings.com) and several bridal expos that happen throughout the year that are really helpful. One is hosted by the venue Paseo Real where a full packaged platinum wedding is raffled out during the event. There is another one scheduled at the Civic Center in March. I love the knot and it was the first page I visited when I was newly engaged, but there were no resources for my area. It would be nice for Laredo to be mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards