Wisconsin

Reception Venue on a Budget

Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a reception venue that allows you to bring in your own caterer and isnt expensive that could seat 150?

Thanks much!

Re: Reception Venue on a Budget

• maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Parks department?  They have some nice facilities and you can bring in your own food.  They generally have tables and chairs, too, so you don't have to rent them.
  • diyitallbridediyitallbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looking at those just was seeing if there were any other options. 

• DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Definitely check out South Shore Pavilion. 

• edited December 2011

Wauwatosa Womens club is a nice venue just took a tour recently.  You can rent the whole building for your event.  There are several womens clubs you can rent, whitefish bay and elm grove are a few.  Good Luck

• edited December 2011
    The Wauwatosa Womans Club requires a licensed caterer.

I would check out Latvian House of Milwaukee  $800 for whole building or $525 for upper level. you are allowed to take in own food,drinks and alcohol. Its a nice space you can serve dinner upstairs and then head to lower level for dancing.

The Comfort Zone  $900.00lets you do your own catering and take in soda,water & punch but no liquor.

The Rave has a room in the lower level they also allow you to take in your own food and gives free soda and water. The cost is like $2000.00

The ELks Lodge on like 91st Congress lets you take in own food and drinks. Not sure of cost.

The Browndeer Boathouse is nice also its part of Milwaukee County Parks.

Gene's Lanes in Milwaukee on 63rd Fond Du Lac has a really nice space you can rent for events. They are fairly new and just open about a month ago. We just had high school reunion there.

These are all places I looked at or have been to. I am a real person.
  • ylleknnaylleknna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a place this summer by the river in MKE for a wedding at a park/lodge, but I don't think it was catered in.. the cost was $30/plate.. but that probably doesn't help you. It was kinda small too.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    image 331 Invited image 243 Attending image 90 Missing Out image 0 People MIA!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at the Cedarburg Cultural Center in Cedarburg and everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to and his side of the family has been to some pretty posh Chicago weddings!  Its a unique place, you can bring in your own caterers and all that, they helped us with chair and linen rentals.  Great dance floor you can use, stage for a band, etc etc.. if you'd like more information just pop me an email and I'll see if I can help!  cerys00@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in June.  I had to plan a wedding in just a few short months.  I am using the Excellence Center in Waukesha.  22000 West Bluemound.  The price is right and we can bring in our own caterer.  They are really nice to work with 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm only paying $350 and we can cater in anything we want. the place isn't amazing, but it has a special meaning to us and we've rented it out for other events before. It's just a tiny bar in the middle of nowhere with a large hall connected. It's really spacious and we there aren't many regulations to follow like some venues. Just look at places that you wouldn't expect to look, my venue looks kind of run down from the outside but it's really nice inside!
  • edited December 2011
    Ray & Dot's Tap6351 W Grange Ave, Greenfeild, WI 53129

It was about $275 for the whole day and we booked it for the day before to set the hall up so paying a total of $350 for 2 day rental on facility.  Management is very nice and flexable. Also is nice because at midnight when hall close in wi its attached to a bar the is open to 2am.

• diyitallbridediyitallbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!!! We havent decided quite yet but this definitely gives me hope that we can get married before we're 80 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the muskego gateway complex... very nice, very reasonable... you bring your own food/caterer!!! they seat up to 200.00 and have a lot of space/parking... there is a separate gym for the kiddos with games/play area and then also a bar (side) for smoking, pool and darts. The hall itself is very nice - its got an italian villa feel - modern, clean, lots of space. This place is family owned and very easy to deal with. My bff is getting married there/reception in August of this year. www.muskegogatewaycomplex.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards