Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

Are white lies bad?

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young?

Have you ever cheated on a test? 

How did you cheat on your test?

Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Are white lies bad?
    Depends.  Saying to a friend when you're on your way out the door and there's no possibility that she can change, "Oh, you don't look fat in that dress at ALL!" is almost necessary.

When you say, "No honey, I didn't spend more than $50 today and the Amex bill will reveal otherwise, that's not cool."

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young?I'm sure I did

Have you ever cheated on a test? I think I did

How did you cheat on your test? I looked over my friend's shoulder.  But I felt so guilty!

• megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I'm off from work today!

Are white lies bad?
    I don't think so.

ETA: I think lying is bad in general, but little white lies to me are always stuff like  "I like your new haircut". Stuff that doesn't really hurt people.

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young? Yeah, I don't really remember details, stuff like "Is your homework done?" "Of course" ... and it wasn't. I hated homework.

Have you ever cheated on a test?  I guess. According to the "moral" code of our school I did.

How did you cheat on your test? I let people copy off of me. My hatred of homework always kept me out of the honors classes, but I actually was really smart and always aced tests. Pretty much except for math, everybody always wanted to sit near me on test day. In elementary school I would rat kids out ... but by the time I got to high school, I was like "Screw it, they're only hurting themselves" and stopped caring.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Are white lies bad?
    Usually, no, unless it is at the expense of someone else.

Probably.

Let's just say I was part of the IB program, where it's common knowledge that IB kids are the best cheaters.

I'm not giving you cheaters any ideas! Seriously though, I tried not to, I always felt guilty.
  • Are white lies bad? Depends what it is. I think a good guideline is if you're helping someone else (ie. "I love your new haircut!" when a friend is bummed about it) then they're fine, but if you're covering your own ass that's probably not ok.

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young? Not that I can remember, although I'm sure it happened at some point.

Have you ever cheated on a test? Not really - I may have snuck a glance at a multiple choice answer here and there, but I've never full-on cheated off someone else or planned to cheat.

How did you cheat on your test? NA.

• Are white lies bad?
    That all depends on the lie.

Yeah.  I'm not a very good liar and my parents could see right through me.

In high school I did.  I cheated on my Spanish test and now I am kicking myself in the butt for it.  It's hard to be a nurse and not able to communicate with the majority of your patients.  I'm learning the language now though.

I honestly can't remember.  

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Are white lies bad? I think if it's harmless, it's okay. When you have to spin a yarn to make the lie "true", then you're getting into a dangerous place. But with just a, "Oh, that tablecloth is lovely!" lie, you're okay.

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young? No. My parents always insisted that we not lie because then we would never be believed. The Boy Who Cried Wolf was big in our house. Apparently, that lesson stuck with me through my childhood.

Have you ever cheated on a test? I think the only thing I ever did was program a formula into my calculator. So I suppose that is cheating. Guilty.

How did you cheat on your test? See above.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are white lies bad?  I don't think so. 

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young?  I'm sure I did.

Have you ever cheated on a test? I don't think so.

How did you cheat on your test?  NA
  • Are white lies bad?  I think it's fine if truly no one will be hurt by it.  It may hurt the bride to hear that no, she really has to provide her guests food at a 6:00 wedding, but it'll hurt the guests more if she doesn't hear it. 

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young?  Probably.  I was a... creative child.

Have you ever cheated on a test? I don't think so.  I always would have felt too guilty.

How did you cheat on your test?  N/A

This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Are white lies bad? I don't think so.  As long as they aren't going to harm another person, I don't see a problem with saying, "No, your hair looks great!"  or whatever.

Did you ever get caught for lying when you were young? I'm sure I did.  I never told any whoppers, but I told the normal little kid lies about homework being done or my room being clean.

Have you ever cheated on a test? In first grade, I cheated on a spelling test.  Other than that, maybe sneaked a peak at some questions here and there, but never all out cheated.  Math homework--that was a different story.  A few friends and I took turns doing the homework, then would let everyone else copy it in the morning.

How did you cheat on your test?  I remember the word I cheated on in 1st grade--"cake".  I couldn't remember if the "c" or the "k" came first, and I wrote it on the inside of my hand.  I got in huuuuuge trouble when I got home and my mom saw it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards