• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Random wedding questions

1) What is your favorite bridal shower gift?
my adirondeck chairs because we've been wanting them for so long

2) What have you done/will do to beautify yourself before the wedding?
going back to my natural brown hair, going to try at home teeth whitening, starting Secret Clinical Strength soon, possibly tan if my tan lines don't go away + hopefully get my overall skin in better condition.

3) Have you lost/gained any weight during your engagement?
I did loss approx 13lbs but gained most of it back and now I hope to start lossing again soon.

4) What detail are you most excited to see on your wedding day?
I'm really excited to see how my flowers turn out and how our photo collages will look.

5) What is your favotite song that your dj is going to play?
If we go with the Degeneration X wrestling entrance that FI wants, I think that will be the best song because it's totally us and not expected

6) What is your very last song going to be?
Not sure if I want to end in a slow or fast song but I'm think: I had the time of my Life from Dirty Dancing

7) What do you plan on doing with all the extra free time you will have once the wedding is over? 
Relaxing and enjoying married life. I also want a baby asap so that will be the next big chapter.... I hope

Re: Random wedding questions

• What is your favorite bridal shower gift?
    Havent got any yet, Shower is this weekend!

What have you done/will do to beautify yourself before the wedding?
    Tan, highlight hair, mani/pedi

Have you lost/gained any weight during your engagement?
    gain!  Yikes!  I hit 30 and 10lbs just came on!  Hope to loose a few in the next month!

What detail are you most excited to see on your wedding day?
    My husband and boys in their tuxes!  And I cant wait to to see the photos afterwords!

What is your favotite song that your dj is going to play?
    Our mixed cd!  We are pulling off a coreographed suprise dance! Cant wait, hopefully we pull it off in style.

What is your very last song going to be?
    I'm not sure!  I keep finding out that I need more songs I didnt know I needed

) What do you plan on doing with all the extra free time you will have once the wedding is over? 
    Plan our vacation next year. I just love planning and seeing things come together. So this has been so much fun over the last year!
  • DX!!! Woo!

Everyone keeps asking what FI and I are doing after our wedding...I keep telling them Night Of Champions is the day after so we'll be watching that. We're dorks. I want to get FI a replica of the WWE Champion belt as his wedding present, but can't afford it :(
  • 1) What is your favorite bridal shower gift? my knife block

2) What have you done/will do to beautify yourself before the wedding? I think the only thing was starting to use  Proactiv a while ago, and being careful not to get tan lines

3) Have you lost/gained any weight during your engagement? I have yo-yo'd, gaining and losing ten lbs a few times

4) What detail are you most excited to see on your wedding day? I'm also really excited about the flowers

5) What is your favorite song that your dj is going to play? Hmm...The Luckiest or Fireflies?  A lot of my favorite music isn't actually good dancing music so it's getting left out :(

6) What is your very last song going to be? Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day

7) What do you plan on doing with all the extra free time you will have once the wedding is over?   Actually be productive at work and maybe clean my apartment once in a while

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1) What is your favorite bridal shower gift?
    None. Didn't have a shower.

May get a spray tan. Getting a mani & pedi a few days prior. Getting my hair done  the day before by my regular stylist. Professional makeup & hair (updo) on the day.

I have gained about 12-15 pounds, which is about 3 dress sizes for me.

The table-scape at the restaurant. We will have gift bags, the top-tier-only cake, the bridal bouquet, and custom menus on the table. It's just one table (14 ppl total will attend), so I hope it looks great.

No DJ. We are having an acoustic guitar player at the beach ceremony, hopefully he will nail Smokey Robinson's "Cruisin."

Whatever the club/ bar plays when head back out after dinner around town in Key West.

7) What do you plan on doing with all the extra free time you will have once the wedding is over? 
    I'm moving, so my free time will be spent packing & moving. Also I have a ton of errands SSN office to change my name and update benefit elections for HR. Maybe go to the beach every day and the movies at night with FH/DH. Then he goes back to his state. Who knows when we will live together- in the same state, under the same roof?
    Deluxe Scrabble. I know that's silly, but OMG I <3 SCRABBLE

Trying to even out those tanlines ...

Not really. I've only been engaged for four months though. If we were getting married in July 2011 (original plan), I would've tried a little harder I think.

Flowers. My BFF made them out of paper. SO EXCITED!!

We're the DJs (FI is making the songlist). FI has not made said songlist (insert panic here), so I'm not sure yet.

Not sure. :-(

Nap. Seriously.

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • kelly--SO jealous of your chairs!!!  we love adirondack chairs :)

probably my crock pot

um, not much...i like to lay in the sun, so making sure i am tan without the lines.  and then the day of, just having a MUA and hair person...

refuse to look at a scale

just to see how everything looks together.  i am really excited about the tree branches and the lighting.

too many to chose!

say hey michael franti and spearhead (also could be in the running for my favorite song)

sleep, clean, go zip lining, drive around and do nothing.
  • Oh, yeah, I'm getting a mani/pedi and getting my legs and bikini area waxed, too.  No shaving on the HM!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Ice Cream Maker.  And the dust buster - no longer have to drag out the big vacuum to get the animal hair off the funiture!

Mani/Pedi.  Airbrush Tanning (hopefully) to even out the tan lines.  Hair & Makeup the day of.

Tried REALLY hard in the beginning, but after 4-6 weeks and no budging on the scale I pretty much gave up.  I lost the 5 lbs of holiday weight, but no more.

The flowers.  And the dessert table.  And the centerpieces.

The one that FI is picking for our first dance.  Dunno what it is, but just excited that FI was excited about it.

Someone Like You by Van Morrison.

Moving to FI's house.  And apparently planning the nursery.  So I don't really see any free time in my future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
    Crock pot

Microdremabrasion, facial, maybe a spray tan. Botox. Fillers.
     BUT LADIES, I am way older than you all, this was needed for good pics.
    STAY OUT OF THE SUN!!!

Lost 30 lbs. over the last 16 months, now maintaining.
    Went from a 12 to a 6.

The reception hall. It's an old church full of stained glass, wood and marble it's stunning. The guests are going to be blown away.

The song I'm walking down the isle to:
    "spend your life with me" Dave Mason

Probably Moon Dance... Van Morrison

Get my new body rock hard, work on my house, enjoy my new husband.
    My mini fridge - it has a dry erase door on it. Although, I am excited about all of them - I got a ton of good stuff

I started Clinique acne solutions (like proactiv), teeth whitening (thanks to my sister - the hygenist!), I am drinking more water (or at least trying to), mani/pedi on thursday before, and pro makeup (because I don't know what I'm doing)

I ordered my dress a size large so I wouldn't have to worry about this - it also has a corset back. That being said, the larger size fits me. I've also started stress eating, and just noticed it.

the look on FI face when he gets his first look at me. I've been dropping wrong details to him about my dress.

crocodile rock. When I was 5, I told my mom I wanted to walk down the isle to that song someday. She laughed and said "maybe at the reception".

No idea - but I really like the dirty dancing song idea!

Catch up on sleep, and start the thank you note process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The crotchless panties and open nipple tassel bra?  Purely for shock value.

2) What have you done/will do to beautify yourself before the wedding? Not much...going to the hairdresser and having my makeup done.   I am getting my first facial ever this sat.  Maybe that counts.

I lost 5lbs  :(.   That leaves me COMPLETELY flat chested.   They have to take in my dress again.   I can still stuff tennis balls into the cups on the dress.  I don't think the top will ever look right.  To all you girls trying to lose weight, careful what you wish for.   The grass is always greener and all that....

The tent  next to the pond with the paper lanterns and my centerpieces. 

5) What is your favourite song that your dj is going to play?
    Doing it - LL Cool J

Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty

WORK! make some chedder.   I need to replenish the savings account.
    TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    the rachael ray casserole dish and rachael ray stackable bubble tray things my mom got me

nails done thursday before, pedi the day before, and the day of im going to try and sleep as long as i possibly can

ive lost 20ibs, on purpose

the cake, i designed it and absolutely cannot wait to see the final product as well as taste it...it will be so yumy.
    i also cant wait to see my FI expression when he sees me for the first time walking down the aisle in my dress

i have 2...our first dance "god bless the broken road" rascal flatts AND "toes in the water" zac brown band

"time of your life" greenday

saving money!
    having a life again haha
    being able to just enjoy FI without constant wedding talk!!!
    image Anniversary
    Probably my blender or my fine china (I know, useless but oh so pretty and I do plan on using mine so maybe not so useless)
    2) What have you done/will do to beautify yourself before the wedding? Um washing my face at least twice daily (used to be only once) and will probably lay out to get some sun and even out my permanent tan lines

I've pretty much fluctuated between 5-10 lbs. Clothes still fit but I refuse to get on a scale. Hate those things.
    honestly, seeing J. Everything else is simple with the flowers and food.

5) What is your favourite song that your dj is going to play?
    too many to choose

DJ is picking it...
    Go back to my PRN job to make some extra moola so we can buy a house within the next year or so
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
    I wish I got what Diablesse got! haha
    Actually, it was a piece of my grandmothers wedding dress with her initials embroidered into it to sew into mine, and a picture of her in her dress. I burst into tears.  She passed away when I was young, but she's so, so special to me.

mani/pedi, got a little tan, hair and makeup on the day of

I was trying to stay the same weight so my alterations wouldnt change, but somehow I've dropped 5 pounds in about a week and a half.  No freakin idea how! This happened to me one other time in my life when I was super stressed, and fell into 00 sizes - I was gross looking.

I just want to see the whole day come together.  We see all these little pieces as we plan, and I want to see it ALL.

hhmmm.... I don't know....

Lostprophets - Rooftops

Finish my master's degree in september - actually save money - and have a clean house!
  • edited August 2010
    So hard to choose. I adore my dishes, and our bedroom rug is high up there too.

I should get my teeth cleaned. I have my last haircut & color on 9/11. And I need to get some SLEEEEEEEEEP. Mani/pedi the Thursday before, brow wax, and sun without tan lines since I'll be on the beach the week before.

Gained, and now am losing.

Just to see all of my people standing on a beach watching us get married.

No idea

Baba O'Reilly or Save the Last Dance for Me

Raising money for Relay for Life!
    my kitchenaid mixer.  it was the one thing i wanted the most!

trying to keep my acne at bay, waxing, getting my teeth cleaned 2 days before the wedding, mani/pedi the same day as the dentist, hair and make-up the day of.

honestly, don't know.  I think it's about the same.

the flowers and our chuppah.  i think our flowers are gonna look awesome and we've only seen a picture of what the chuppah could look like, so i'm excited to see how it turns out.

oh goodness, this is a loaded question.  we have so many different kinds of songs playing that i honestly can't pick one.

it's between closing time or evacuate the dance floor.

well first, the honeymoon and then enjoying being married.  we have some things we'd like to do to the house before it gets too cold to do them.  and probably helping 2 of closest friends get married in the next year and a half. 
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • edited August 2010
    yellow buttercup kitchenaid mixer from my parents and sisters <:

hair extensions for thickness (do this anyways), pedicure, manicure, facial (2 weeks before), hair color ( I have some gray), makeup and hair done for wedding day, also teeth whitening with the bleach trays from the dentist good bye coffee stains!!

Lost 15 lbs <:

Our reception venue and how it all looks after all the planning and purchases I've done

I think we are going to Welcome to the Jungle for bridal party enterance, which is my high school fight song hahaha I think people will laugh or a slow song by Coldplay called "Green Eyes" I always pretend it's written for me  <: hahaha
    probably Journey Don't stop Believin

Babies <: hopefully!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Our new bedding!  We really wanted it and never expected to get it, so we were going to buy it for ourselves after the wedding.  One of my best friends from college and her wife got it for us. 

Lost a little weight, used leave-in hair mask on hair, tried to remember to take my vitamins.  Will get a facial, mani/pedi, pro hair and makeup, touch up roots and hopefully maintain the weight loss.

I've fluctuated about 10 lbs. over the course of my engagement, but I focused on losing about 5 lbs. before the final fitting tonight, and I've done it.  :)

Dear, sweet FI in his tux. 

Our first dance-'When You Say Nothing At All' by Alison Krauss and Union Station.

'Two Is Better Than One'-Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift

Find a job! 
    Anniversary
    FMIL gave me a ready to go scrapbook that I am really excited about.  Also love our Pyrex mixing bowls with matching lids.  We use them all the time.

Whiten teeth (I keep forgetting to do it though, I had trays made and have done it 7 or 8 times so far.  Need to do it at least a few more times.

Not sure exactly what I weighed when we got engaged.  I gained some over the holidays and have lost that and then some.  Maybe 3 lbs down from when we got engaged??

So many things.  Mostly I'm just looking forward to being excited and looking into FI's eyes and glow with happiness.

Our first dance song - "Then" by Brad Paisley.

As the lights come on I want the DJ to play "We're in this together now" by Nine Inch Nails.

This fall I will work on Thank yous, organizing wedding pictures and making an album, my scrapbook, and getting my life back in order.  Once spring comes I will go back to school.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th
    My shower is monday evening- i'll let you know:)

Waxed, keeping my natural color even though I was debating on whether or not to dye it, teeth whitened..

I lost..then I found it again! lol

my cake! I love my cake..It is so traditional..and gorgeous and everything FI and I wanted!.. I am also super excited about my grooms cake for my RD.. it is based off this video game that we both played..Actually, we met on it! lol

I don't know...

Not sure yet.

We are going to be trying for a baby.. so exciting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards