Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Anyone used Differin?

I'm curious. My DR put me on it and I was curious if any other girls used it.

Re: Anyone used Differin?

• Options
    OMG Differin worked amaaaaaazingly well for me. I actually used it not for acne but for wrinkles and skin firmness. My skin looked great when I used it - all glowy-like. I never had a problem with redness or dryness but I built up my applications of it.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wow that's encouraging! I've been using it about a week and I don't see much. I'm using the low dose of it so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but I've gotten new pimples :( I'm just nervous about my skin since I'm under 1 year away from the big day.... :(
  • Options
    Using it at night, with antibacterial in the morning... I've read about the "purging" thing other places around the web too so I guess that makes sense!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Using it at night, with antibacterial in the morning... I've read about the "purging" thing other places around the web too so I guess that makes sense!
    Posted by JoyMatt424[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I liked using it at night too, fewer things to react with. Good luck!
  • Options
    My dermatologist prescribed it for my daughter and it has helped.  She uses it at night.  She takes an antibiotic also.  The only bad thing is it's very expensive!
  • Options
    yep I love it
    It is the only thing that cleared up my face
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've had so-so results with Differin.  I have been on the .1% cream (for sensitive skin) since February of this year.  The first 2 weeks were fine, then I had MAJOR breakouts for several weeks after that.  At one point I was too embarassed to leave the house (yeah, THAT bad!).  After 3 months or so, I noticed some results.  I think it has been working fairly well since then, although I am not completely acne free.  I eventually went back on the birth control pill since Differin alone wasn't giving me the results I wanted.  One thing to add-- The .1% cream (not gel) never caused any redness, dryness, peeling, etc. which was nice.  I know that some of the stronger Differin prescriptions can cause major flakiness.  Differin really takes time, at least for me!  Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards