Ohio-Columbus
Options

First Congregational United Church of Christ

Has anyone been married there, or attended a wedding that was held there? Better yet, does anyone attend regular services? We're liberal by nature but a Christian ceremony is very important to us--we figured a UCC church was the way to go.  We want somewhere that we're going to be able to call "home" for many years after our wedding, and want to know if this church truly follows the "open doors" policy that UCC is known for. Thanks for any help you ladies can provide! 

Re: First Congregational United Church of Christ

• Options
    maria009maria009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have experience with this church. However, I've found that just by attending a couple of masses/service, you can get a pretty good feel for a church. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've attended a service once there, mainly because I was considering them for my wedding. It's beautiful, and I believe you'd be pleased with their open door policy. I didn't decide to get married there because they had lots of strict rules about photography, videography, outside musicians, etc. I have been to a wedding there since and still, it's beautiful.  (Oh, it's also pretty expensive to get married there and if you want the "member price" you have to have been members for 1 year prior to wedding.) I still have the wedding brochure they sent me, so if you have any specific wedding questions, let me know and I may be able to help. Although, you might want to email me at rgowins@gmail.com as I check it more often than here. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married at First Congregational last January.  The church is absolutely gorgeous!  We did our premarital counseling with Rev. Tim and we thought he was wonderful!  Although we do not attend this church now, I think that you will find the congregation and the staff are very welcoming. 

Married Bio:
    http://sites.google.com/site/paigeandadam/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards