California-Northern

NWR: Any good book recommendations?

I have a Barnes and Noble gift card .... has anyone read anything good recently?

Re: NWR: Any good book recommendations?

• msramelmsramel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the Sookie Stackhouse Series. Harry Potter is up there too. Haven't tackled the Twilight series but I am just finishing up Anne Rice's witch series. Her Vampire Chronicles had its ups and downs... but (as you can tell) I like reading series. Love Barnes and Nobles, their employees are great so if you have an interest, you can always go in and they can recommend something for you as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Committed by Elizabeth something...same author of Eat, Pray, Love
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris as well,  I totally got sucked into them.  I also really like Sue Monk Kidd she wrote Secret Life of Bees, and The Mermaid Chair,  both are really good books.  Barbara Kingsolver has really good books I especially like Prodigal Summer.  One book that I really liked that I want to read again is Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Love all of the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella...actually all her books under that name.

My Sister's Keeper was good too and all the books by the author of Tuesdays with Morrie but these are more sad.  Go with Sophie Kinsella if you want to laugh.
  • edited December 2011
    The Blind Side was a really great book--Moneyball is also great if you like baseball...

I also really liked In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan...
  • jojolinajojolina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever read She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb?  It's a great book!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards