Hawaii
Options

I'm married! *pictures*

We were married on July 7th on Maui and it was by far the greatest time ever.  I wasn't a very active poster on here but I read a ton of stuff and am so grateful for the information I was able to receive from everyone on this board!   There are some great wedding blogs out there but not a lot of information on destination weddings.  This forum is great!  I’m working on my vendor reviews right now and I’m hoping to post by the weekend but in the mean time I thought I’d share the blog post from our photographer Kim Aihara…who is ridiculously awesome.   Seriously…she’s awesome. 

http://aiharavisuals.com/blog/

There is a slide show after the main pictures that show more pictures from our TTD shoot the next day. 

Re: I'm married! *pictures*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the pics!!!  You're dress is gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!! beautiful pics :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    mahea75mahea75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Absolutely Beautiful!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, what a beautiful dress.  I was almost sad to see it get wet :) And, great get-away vehicle!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I forgot to mention, excuse the ugly cry face...I was a crying maniac during our lei ceremony and the vows :)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soooo pretty!  It looks like your beach wedding ceremony went really well - which I'm glad to hear, since we'll be doing one in just a couple weeks. 

I'm also impressed that you were brave enough to wear your hair down for a beach ceremony!  Was that a last-minute call b/c it wasn't that windy, or had you always planned on it?

And lastly, were you dying of heat, or did you manage to stay relatively sweat-free, and do you have any tips for not getting overheated?  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love your pink nails!
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    great pics! : I'm curious about the significance of wearing three wedding bands. 
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bamboo1Bamboo1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures! Congrats.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    carrieoz_76 :  That's a funny question...I had my inspiriation photos with me and they were just the usual half up half down beachy curls.  Mira just sort of went with her own intuition and pinned the side up with the flower and I totally loved it.  I was some what worried that the curls would fall (and they did a little because the wind before the ceremony was blowing some what hard) but I am really happy with the style...oh and I had SO MUCH crap in my hair that the front side swoop part didn't move. 

Yes I was hot...I had spanx on under the dress, plus a sticky bra thing.  When we got home that night and I took the sticky bra off there were literally beads of sweat on it.  Pretty nasty.  BUT during everything, I didn't even notice, I was just so happy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ally_ruth: 

There isn't really any significance to the bands.  My e-ring is an aquamarine we got in Maui a few years ago and there just wasn’t a way to get a band to go with it so I knew I’d move it to my right hand.  Then I saw a jewelry ad from Dolce & Gabana with 3 diff sized bands…the #3 is my fav #, I like big/chunky stuff, and I thought it was unique so I got 3...I'm odd I know.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    jackcody
    Thank you :)  The dress is actually fine...just rinsed it out in the tub, hung it to dry, it just needs a good iron.  My sister had a heart attack though so it was totally worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards