Florida-South Florida

Newby - Help!!

Recently engaged, took me some time to finally register and get familiar with the site. So much to do, so little time, and so many acronyms. :)
I'm looking forward to this journey and sorting through all the posts for some great advice. I don't even know where to start. So many things to consider.
For now I think I've been able to atleast get one check (if it even counts as a check) and we took what ws a 250 guest list down to 140, trust me this was not easy. but had to be done.
So now venturing on and looking for venues and a church. We are flexible with the dates so i think this helps.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEWBY? Should i get a planner? Any vendor reccomendations?

Looking forward to getting to know all the brides out there!!

Re: Newby - Help!!

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! Congrats on narrowing down that guest lists-- it's always a beast to tackle!

I think your next steps are: set a date, set a budget, determine who is paying for what, look at venues, and stalk the Knot for the rest of your vendors!

If you decide to hire a planner, you need to get in contact with Danielle Pearson! She is the BEST!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/DPEvents

Again, welcome! Can't wait to chat and read your plans!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! I agree with Faith. Danielle Pearson is awesome and def. worth checking out. She knows her stuff and will help you out with so much. She rocks and her prices are great! But I would set a date, budget and start looking at venues. Also check out different posts to get vendor ideas. If you look at the top there is a post titled Vendor Poll. You can check it out to see who everyone's vendors are. Also Knottie lingo is also at the top and that will help you out with all the acronyms. GL! Can't wait to hear your plans!
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrtulations!!! The girls on here are great so you'll get a lot of help with any questions you might have. The only other things I'd add to the preious comments is to start thinking on bridal party (whether or not you'll have and how many) and possibly ideas for wedding colors. That's awesome that you were able to bring your list down. That's what we had to do also since FI and I are paying for our own wedding (our familie are both huge so we had to opt for no kids). Well I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated on your plans :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats. and welcome to the board! Happy Planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you girls. Looking forward to all the helpful advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards