July 2012 Weddings

For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away

Do you ever linger over to the Bump?  When this board is slow I go over to the trying to conceive board.  I know I am crazy :)  I just can't wait to start making some babies!  We were going to wait and take 1 more trip in december but FI actually said he would rather try right away so we can try for a summer baby.  Since he is a teacher he said he would like to be able to be home with me and the baby for a couple of weeks for us to get adjusted. 

I know you can not plan this but we can sure start to try :)
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away

• MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Nope not crazy.  Although FI and I both agree that "it will happen when it happens" I sometimes go over there just for the heck of it, scare the "bejeesus" out of me and then don't go back on for another month it's still fun =)

ETA: Do you guys get Paternity leave? We do here and dads can take up to 37 weeks off.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I do not linger to the BUMP but I also am in no rush to have a baby and neither is FI. 

But if i was you I would start trying now and if it doesnt happen plan that december trip!  Even if you are only a few months prego it would be nice for a last trip together!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:30ff8f92-a711-4419-9bc4-33192e494bd0">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not linger to the BUMP but I also am in no rush to have a baby and neither is FI.  But if i was you I would start trying now and if it doesnt happen plan that december trip!  Even if you are only a few months prego it would be nice for a last trip together!
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

Lol no way would I start now I don't want a baby bump on our wedding day!!  We will start trying once we come back from the HM.  I told FI that we should still go away too.  But we are going to play everything by ear.  I know some women have a really hard time their first trimester so I don't want to go away if I am puking all day long!
  • Hey, it never hurts to be well-informed! 

I don't think we'll be settled enough to start trying right away.  I think I'd like to wait a year or two so we can get better jobs and leave me some time to get my teaching cert, if I have to.  I'd also like to do some more traveling, too, since I was in grad school for most of our relationship, and now we're strapped with the wedding and finding a place to live, we haven't really gotten to enjoy each other as much as I'd like to.  Plus, practicing is FUN.  ;)

I also have tons of baby books already, so if you're crazy, I'm crazy, too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • No, I don't linger. I do want babies, but my FI and I have decided that we are going to a wait a year or 2 before we start trying.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • k888- I'm a nosey nosey person. haha. what books, if you don't mind my asking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:1187c8f8-a65a-4654-94d3-a6402f79900b">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]k888- I'm a nosey nosey person. haha. what books, if you don't mind my asking?
    Posted by NikkiF731[/QUOTE]

I am reading taking charge of your fertility everyone says it is a must read for charting and trying to conceive or trying to avoid pregnancy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:1187c8f8-a65a-4654-94d3-a6402f79900b">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]k888- I'm a nosey nosey person. haha. what books, if you don't mind my asking?
    Posted by NikkiF731[/QUOTE]

Not at all... I'm a librarian so I love talking books!  :) These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head (they're all linked):

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Anniversary/dp/0060881909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327680265&sr=8-1" rel="nofollow">Taking charge of your fertility</a>
    <a href="http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-Before-Youre-Expecting/dp/0761152768/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327680332&sr=1-2" rel="nofollow">What to expect before you're expecting</a>
    <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Im-Pregnant-Now-What-Eat/dp/0756628547/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327680423&sr=1-9" rel="nofollow">What to eat during pregnancy</a>
    <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Child-Born-Lennart-Nilsson/dp/0385337558/ref=sr_1_45?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327680545&sr=1-45" rel="nofollow">A child is born</a> (my mom had one of the early editions of this book and said it really helped her)
    <a href="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/great-expectations-peter-s-bernstein/1105028662?ean=9780760741320" rel="nofollow">Great expectations</a>
    <a href="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pregnancy-dos-and-donts-elisabeth-a-aron/1102168190?ean=9780767920896" rel="nofollow">Pregnancy do's and don'ts</a>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:6d1d16c4-5a1e-4265-911e-b75d85d18adf">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away : Lol no way would I start now I don't want a baby bump on our wedding day!!  We will start trying once we come back from the HM.  I told FI that we should still go away too.  But we are going to play everything by ear.  I know some women have a really hard time their first trimester so I don't want to go away if I am puking all day long!
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>Lady--- One of our friends is pregnant, and she and her DH planned a trip to Florida as their last trip before pregnancy, baby, etc.  Well, she ended up feeling so sick the whole time and when she got home she found out she was pregnant.  They got pregnant SO fast.  She had just stopped taking her BCP. Everyone is different though, I just thought I would share that with you! I would love to have a baby, but we have a list of things we would like to do before the kids arrive :)</div>
    imageAnniversary
  • I wander over there once in a while!

My cousin just got married in October...went off BCPs after the honeymoon and BAM, pregnant in November (due in August, which was originally when our wedding date was...10 days before!) So now, she's due a couple of weeks after our wedding lol

As for wanting to try right away, I definitely do! FI is kind of so-so about it...he's nervous and of course nervous about money. But we both have decent, steady jobs with good benefits. There's always going to be money worries no matter what, but I know we can handle it. We'll see, I guess, when the time comes. I'm just sad because our company has their own daycare, but they are being forced to close at the end of the year due to low enrollment :( That would have been so convenient!

TMI but I already went off BCP this month Embarassed Am trying to regulate and get to know my cycle before we really start trying!
    imageAnniversary
  • haha I've lingered over there a few times.  Some of the posters are crazy!!  But I can't wait to start trying.  We have to wait until November '13 before we can start because hopefully I'll be in the last 2 months of clinicals by then =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:eac26f75-c3eb-479b-b1d5-2013d493c767">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wander over there once in a while! My cousin just got married in October...<strong>went off BCPs after the honeymoon and BAM, pregnant in November</strong>(due in August, which was originally when our wedding date was...10 days before!) So now, she's due a couple of weeks after our wedding lol As for wanting to try right away, I definitely do! FI is kind of so-so about it...he's nervous and of course nervous about money. But we both have decent, steady jobs with good benefits. There's always going to be money worries no matter what, but I know we can handle it. We'll see, I guess, when the time comes. I'm just sad because our company has their own daycare, but they are being forced to close at the end of the year due to low enrollment :( That would have been so convenient! <strong>TMI but I already went off BCP this month  Am trying to regulate and get to know my cycle before we really start trying!
    </strong>Posted by owengirl996[/QUOTE]

I would love if this happened to us.  This is what I proposed to FI but he is way too nervous for any accidents.  I am on the pill for 10 years now so I feel like I need to cleanse my system!!  But my doctor said not to go of BCP until we are ready to get preggo.  I can not risk getting pregnant before the wedding.  Oh well if we end up with a fall baby or winter I will be home inside during the cold crappy weather :)
  • I creep the bump ALL THE TIME. I am obsessed. 

We were originally going to start trying in October, but I choose to push it back to January. I'm only 21 (Ill be almost 23 then) I don't want to rush into a big life changing decision. FI will be 29 then and he is really anxious to start trying. We both agreed on January 2013 though. 

I'm currently trying to decide when I want to stop taking my BC though. I have heard horror stories about girls not being able to get pregnant for up to a year after stopping their BC. I also don't want to be a freak of nature and get pregnant immediately. Decisions, decisions.... 
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:ae21f423-94df-4264-b310-5e4670f49aad">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, I don't linger. I do want babies, but my FI and I have decided that we are going to a wait a year or 2 before we start trying.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Same. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:ffcafb65-966f-491a-b603-7aa32c9f8676">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I creep the bump ALL THE TIME. I am obsessed.  We were originally going to start trying in October, but I choose to push it back to January. I'm only 21 (Ill be almost 23 then) I don't want to rush into a big life changing decision. FI will be 29 then and he is really anxious to start trying. We both agreed on January 2013 though.  I'm currently trying to decide when I want to stop taking my BC though. I have heard horror stories about girls not being able to get pregnant for up to a year after stopping their BC. I also don't want to be a freak of nature and get pregnant immediately. Decisions, decisions.... 
    Posted by Skyjewell23[/QUOTE]

I know I want to regulate but I don't want to have any accidents.
  • edited January 2012
    I go over there too :) I love the baby names board!

I actually just bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility the other day. I want to use it for birth control though, so it's not just for baby makin. 

I stopped taking BCP in September, I really really hated it. And I've lost 10 lbs since getting off of it (WTF?!). I think we as women really underestimate what kind of effect those pills have on our bodies. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is an appropriately timed board. For being only 21, suddenly, I am just loving babies. I cried on a TV episode where a women gave birth. I want a kid. But I know that is not the right time at all. :(
    What I really want is for FSIL to get pregnant, so I can see the baby when its all cute and cuddly, and then still not be a parent quite yet. and FI has very very limited experience with babies- he needs some practice first!
    FI says 5 years after we are married we can have a kid. I think more like 3 or 4. We'll see.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:583cbe57-a62d-4673-bba7-a00ab07bc52b">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I go over there too :) I love the baby names board! I actually just bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility the other day. I want to use it for birth control though, so it's not just for baby makin.  I stopped taking BCP in September, I really really hated it. And I've lost 10 lbs since getting off of it (WTF?!). I think we as women really underestimate what kind of effect those pills have on our bodies. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

If it were up to me I would go off right now.  I am curious to see if I lose weight and to see if my migraines stop as well.  I just don't trust condoms 100% and I can not get preggo before this wedding!! 
  • We were going back and forth on staring to try either after our wedding, starting on our honeymoon or waiting for another year. It looks like we'd rather to wait a year first, we want to get pregnant in the summer so we can have a baby in the spring and I'll get to be off for the entire summer too (I'm a teacher).

I'm just so scared about becoming so sick during pregnancy- I don't want to throw up in front of my students!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:843afa19-0be7-4c57-94ac-bcc5a1d33524">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away : I know I want to regulate but I don't want to have any accidents.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Exactly! At the same time I don't want to wait until January 2014 to have children. I wish I could predict what my body will do.</div>
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I don't creep over there, but I would definitely love to start trying right way. My FI wants to wait until he's done heavy equipment operator school and has a good steady job though. I do understand that, but at the same time I live in a small town where everyone has their kids right out of high school and I'm a bit jealous of all those people and I'm going to be 30 when we get married and I can hear my biological clock ticking loud and clear. I'm hoping that he can get in the school in the next month or 2 and be done before the wedding and they do job placement so I'm hoping that after the wedding we'll be able to start talking and TTC. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Ideally, we would wait atleast a year or so before we started trying to enjoy being married but we absolutely are going to have one asap! if i were still in my 20's, we would wait, but i will be one week shy of 33 by the time we get married and my FI will be 34....and god knows how long it could take to get pregnant! my poor friend has been trying for two years now:( i am so excited at the thought of becoming a mom!!!!!!

• I think we will start sometime in 2013.  We are planning on buying a house right before or after the wedding, most likely after the wedding.  I am also going to start a new partnership with my boss January 1, 2013, I'm so excited!!! So I want at least another tax season without kids or pregnacy to see how the partnership works.  I'm hoping for mid-2014 to give birth to a kid, I need to try and plan and not have a baby born during tax season as much as possible.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_of-want-start-having-bambinos-right-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:491bed68-9bc6-4481-ac0b-a26014b421e8Post:9b2814cc-8b1e-4514-a5e1-a67f291b77e0">Re: For all of you who want to start having bambinos right away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't creep over there, but I would definitely love to start trying right way. My FI wants to wait until he's done heavy equipment operator school and has a good steady job though. I do understand that, but at the same time I live in a small town where everyone has their kids right out of high school and I'm a bit jealous of all those people and<strong> I'm going to be 30 when we get married and I can hear my biological clock ticking loud and clear.</strong> I'm hoping that he can get in the school in the next month or 2 and be done before the wedding and they do job placement so I'm hoping that after the wedding we'll be able to start talking and TTC. :)
    Posted by singing_lyn[/QUOTE]

I lnow what you mean about this.  I keep telling FI that we need to have a baby in spring or summer so that our baby can wear baby shorts and capris. (Capris if we have a girl)  He sells clothes on ebay and I love seeing the baby clothes. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have been fighting major baby fever haha. My younger brother and his girlfriend are having a surprise baby boy in March, and he has been putting the pressure on me to give his son a cousin ASAP. I also have 5 good friends who have babies/are pregnant, and I go back and forth between wanting to join them in motherhood and being happy that I still have a few years without babies. FI and I have put a minimum of one year after marriage before talking babies, especially since we're apart the year before the wedding doing long-distance. We want some us-time before we have a family.

I don't lurk too much on thebump but I do go over to the baby name board. For some reason I just love thinking of baby names. FI probably thinks I'm crazy because fairly regularly I send him texts asking "do you like the name ___?" That's as far as my baby plans go!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went there last week :). We visited friends with kids who just turned 1 and 2 yesterday and I wanted to take them home. Suddenly, many friends are getting pregnant and I want tooooo. We want to start right after the wedding, I'm just not sure if we'll be trying on or honeymoon or wait until I get back home.

For those of you thinking about quitting their BCP, you could consider taking a nuva ring for the time being. I have them now, and they are much more convenient than they seem. And their hormone dosage is much lower than the pill, because it is applied locally. So way fewer side effect, and... you can get pregnant right away, your body doesn't have to readjust. I'll probably stop with mine in May (and use condoms), that way I hope I'm definitely completely off the hormones but I can still sort of make sure I don't get my period on July 7.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ooh I hadn't lurked on the bump but I will now! Good idea. FI already has three teenagers with us 100% and incredible kids. I'm nearly 33 and have been to two preconception appointments. I had been on BCPs for fourteen years and took myself off last April. FI and I have been together almost 5years and although we aren't trying yet, at this point an unplanned baby is not an unwanted baby. We do plan to start trying after the wedding (6 more months) -- FI says on the way to the reception, lol!
  • Hahah, I thought I was so weird for lurking over there!  I'll be 29 when we get married and my FI will be 34 so we're anxious to start kinda soon (me moreso than him I think, lol).  We've also been together for 7 years so we're definitely ready.  However, I'm sooooo scared I'll never be able to get pregnant.  I had an eating disorder for about 8 years and have been on BC for 10+ years so I'm terrified if I can't have children.  But I have my fingers crossed and we figure we'll probably start trying in September or so.  Have my annual appt coming up so will talk to my obgyn to see her opinions....maybe stop BC after the wedding and then see what happens.  FI is also a teacher so a summer baby would be perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't lurk there but I probably will start! I thought that it would be great to go off the pill a couple months before the wedding to try and lose a couple pounds and I shared this idea with one of my friends who got married in October. She thought it sounded great, went off the pill in May and got pregnant in June! Uh oh. So she was pregnant at her wedding and they're due in March. I have definitely learned my lesson. As much as I want to lose weight I will just try to lose weight by eating better and exercising. I don't want any accidents. Also, me and FI will be moving in together for the first time a couple months before the wedding. We are buying a house and are so excited to finally be alone, just the two of us. So, we decided we want to have about 2 years alone, and then we will start trying. I might go off the pill a year after we get married and then just try to be careful and see what happens. I definitely have baby fever though but also want to enjoy alone time with FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards