Not Engaged Yet

Call it what you will...

engaged/not engaged. I'm waiting for his official proposal and SO and I just found a great location for a relaxed weekend wedding. So until he gets down on one knee, I think I'll start out here.  So, an introduction:

I'm Cyndel. He's Aaron. I have a son, Cannon, who's 2. Aaron and I are long distance right now. He's finishing school and working in Oregon. I own a business and am tied to family in California. I'll be an encore bride. As you may have guessed, the first marriage didn't pan out but I sure love my consolation prize. I lived, learned, grew up and found an amazing man somewhere along the way. I figure getting back on the boards will be a good way to pass some time when I can't be with my boys. 
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Call it what you will...

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

What's your favorite food?  Do you have any pets?  Do you like Harry Potter?  When was your first wedding?
  • cyndelgracecyndelgrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:1e8d3331-f4dd-4ef0-a290-e0f402e96534">Re: Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! What's your favorite food?  <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FF0000">I'm having trouble picking one, I'll have to try everything again and get back to you.</font><div>Do you have any pets?  <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FF0000">yes. </font></div><div>Do you like Harry Potter?  <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FF0000">On a rainy day.</font></div><div>When was your first wedding? <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FF0000">October 18, 2005. (Yes, I seriously got married on a Tuesday night...)</font>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    See, you can't just say "yes" to the pets question without elaborating.  We're suckers for animals around here.  What pets do you have?  What are their names?  Pictures?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had written out this whole damn thing and I lost internet while it submitted so I gave you the short version!

I have two Boston Terriers (Terrors) named Pepper and Puck, a small lion named Augustine and an Alaskan Husky named Capo who lives in Oregon with Aaron.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome aboard!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:bc9d1721-8cbd-446e-8887-bcb596e1c409">Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]engaged/not engaged. I'm waiting for his official proposal and SO and<strong> I just found a great location for a relaxed weekend wedding</strong>. So until he gets down on one knee, I think I'll start out here.  So, an introduction: I'm Cyndel. He's Aaron. I have a son, Cannon, who's 2. Aaron and I are long distance right now. He's finishing school and working in Oregon. I own a business and am tied to family in California. I'll be an encore bride. As you may have guessed, the first marriage didn't pan out but<strong> I sure love my consolation prize</strong>. I lived, learned, grew up and found an amazing man somewhere along the way. I figure getting back on the boards will be a good way to pass some time when I can't be with my boys. 
    Posted by cyndelgrace[/QUOTE]

<div>1) I hope you didn't book it. Being an old school knottie, I imagine you know better than that? </div><div>
    </div><div>2) idk why, but calling him your "consolation prize" really rubs me the wrong way. A consolation prize is something you give to make someone feel better about losing... </div>

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:5b519b43-0753-4960-9473-0a377b18326f">Re: Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Call it what you will... : 1) I hope you didn't book it. Being an old school knottie, I imagine you know better than that?  2) idk why, but calling him your "<strong>consolation prize</strong>" really rubs me the wrong way. A consolation prize is something you give to make someone feel better about losing... 
    Posted by SeaTea02[/QUOTE]

<div>I think she's talking about the kids...</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:5b519b43-0753-4960-9473-0a377b18326f">Re: Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Call it what you will... : 1) I hope you didn't book it. Being an old school knottie, I imagine you know better than that?  2) idk why, but calling him your "consolation prize" really rubs me the wrong way. <strong>A consolation prize is something you give to make someone feel better about losing... </strong>

<div>But isn't a divorce losing?</div>
    I'm not good at feelings.

• caitlin.cavecaitlin.cave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Call it what you will... : 1) I hope you didn't book it. Being an old school knottie, I imagine you know better than that?  2) idk why, but calling him your "consolation prize" really rubs me the wrong way.<strong> A consolation prize is something you give to make someone feel better about losing... </strong>

Ha. I was thinking the same thing.  Let's call it a second, bigger prize.  (Except I wouldn't call my BF that either because I don't plan on putting him in a display case. :p)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:e4e1f5a8-b646-4194-b03f-4e4e32a9ccad">Re: Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Call it what you will... : I think she's talking about the kids...
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Hum, I didn't even read it that way. Funny. </div><div>
    </div>

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I went to California and Oregon a couple summers ago. It was beautiful! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah she meant her child.. You own a lion? 
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Call it what you will... : 1) I hope you didn't book it. Being an old school knottie, I imagine you know better than that?  2) idk why, but calling him your "consolation prize" really rubs me the wrong way. A consolation prize is something you give to make someone feel better about losing... 

<div>SeaTea.. you had yours booked before you were engaged:) Besides the reasons behind it. BUT it still counts:)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:ffde9656-298c-4761-80dc-27dc486e6491">Re: Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Call it what you will... : SeaTea.. you had yours booked before you were engaged:) Besides the reasons behind it. BUT it still counts:)
    Posted by aah009[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh no, it does not count. I didn't go book my venue before I was engaged because I wanted to, I accepted it when my sister's wedding was called off so save my parents 20k. I would have never even picked this hotel and you miss, know it. </div>

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_call-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6e1cbf1b-0949-466f-a8bf-7752d9c22b83Post:934b3e20-c667-49c0-8bec-db7d0ee3536d">Re: Call it what you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Call it what you will... : Oh no, it does not count. I didn't go book my venue before I was engaged because I wanted to, I accepted it when my sister's wedding was called off so save my parents 20k. I would have never even picked this hotel and you miss, know it. 

<div>Haha I know;) Just saying lol</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Liv: Birth support services: birth & postpartum doula care and childbirth education. @Sea: Venue will be booked upon engagement. Consolation prize = amazing child. @aah: I would call him a cat but he takes personal offense to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards