Texas-Houston

Aveeda vs. Air Brush Makeup

I am trying to find someone to do my hair and make up.  I found a place that uses Aveeda makeup, but I've never used it.  Will airbrush makeup last longer, not rub off?  Any suggestions for the Rosenberg/Sugarland area??

Re: Aveeda vs. Air Brush Makeup

• edited December 2011
    I am using an Aveda salon (Josephine's) for my hair.  I went in and tested their makeup and I'm allergic to it.  They were great about letting me come in for free to check it out.  I may still use them, but bring my own makeup for application.  I'd recommend calling to set up an appt to test if you're at all sensitive.  They use real fragrance in their products.
    Our Wedding Day
  • edited December 2011
    I used airbrush make up. I had it done early on the morning of my wedding day and even with an outdoor ceremony, it was still flawless the next day! I would absolutely recommend it!  I used Liz Day, she will come on site.
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I rec airbrush, it really makes your skin look flawless, and mine lasted over 12 hours. I used Sara with Cara Dulce she was great to work with, she also did my hair and my BM's hair I highly rec her
  • ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used airbrush...and I looked amazing.  Everyone kept telling me how awesome I looked..I wish I could do that everyday.  I had no idea it would look that good.

For Emily:  Funny thing.. I knew Liz in high school and I worked with her when we were both 17.  We also have hung out since.  My has she changed.  I did not use her for my wedding because when we were hanging out she acted like I could not afford her and she did not have time to fit me in her schedule.  The company I went with- a beautiful face was actually more expensive then her.  It is funny how people can pretend to be one way with some people and be another way with other people. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been convinced that airbrush is best.  I'm getting married in Wharton, TX (which is past Sugar Land / Rosenberg) and discovered that the travel charges are crazy.  When including the travel charge, it turned out that Adorne Artistry was cheapest (plus the package was best)!
  • sarahinlove24sarahinlove24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had airbrush at my trial, and it lasted all day. I would recommend airbrush for sure.  I've used Aveda makeup in the past, but I'm sensitive to lots of stuff, so I was impressed with the Temptu airbrush makeup that Empire Faces used on me. I did some checking and it's actually what they use in CA on celebs on sets. No reaction whatsoever!  And the travel fee is only $30, can't beat it for on-location.
  • mdscopelmdscopel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice.  I decided to go with airbrush, but still deciding on who to go with...so many good options!
  • edited December 2011

Do not go with Empire Faces!! I chose them because I wanted someone to come onsite for my wedding day.  The trial was horrible (unprofessional stylists, their studio is in an office building, the makeup artist who does your trial will most likely not be the one who will do your wedding day make up, and the list goes on).  There were so many red flags when I did my trial with them, that I cancelled and went to Beautique for my wedding day.  BUT I LOST $250 BECAUSE EMPIRE WILL CHARGE YOU $250 FOR YOUR TRIAL (VS. THE $100 THEY ADVERTISE) IF YOU DON'T END UP HAVING THEM DO YOUR MAKEUP ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.  Very sketchy!! Who raises the prices for a trial when you decide not to use them for your wedding day??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards