Hawaii

say yes to the dress [PIP]

Hey Ladies! So I am looking for THE one... and I need some inspiration. Show off your dresses or what dresses you are considering by posting a link or picture! I absolutely love love love Sabelle by Maggie Sottero if I was in a cathedral church with a ballroom reception. But with the whole Hawaii outdoor destination wedding thing, I have to go with a lighter material. So I also fell in love with the new White collection by Vera Wang from DB.

What I originally wanted.

My new love. xoxo. In white though not pink.

Re: say yes to the dress [PIP]

• TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh i love your second choice! so beautiful :)

here is mine, Allure Exclusives (and can't remember the style #). I was never able to find a picture of it online!

a+k

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Those are both so pretty!

This is my dress, my first fitting is in 2 months, I can't wait!

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend is making my dress, but I may buy one and wear two (one for wedding, one for AHR, rehearsal dinner, etc.)

I tried on this dress at a wedding shop this last weekend while shopping for dresses for MOB and MOG and I fell in love. The picture online does it NO justice whatsoever. It's absolutely beautiful on and it really flatters my figure. It's also nice and light and perfect for a destination wedding. It's a part of the Allure Far & Away collection (destination wedding collection)

edited December 2011
    Here's a picture of me in the dress :)

It's a size 12 on me (size 2) and clamped in the back. The pleating on the front isn't sitting as nicely as it would if it were my size, but it's gorgeous in person.

• McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow...maybe I should not read this post I am getting dress envy. But here is mine it is from Eden Bridal.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Richi I like the second one, it looks very alluring, McBeags your dress is very pretty as well, that is something I would love to try on.

I've been into tea lengths lately, I like to have more a flirty flouncy feel when I get married. 

Justin Alexander

Eugenia

Tho this dress caught my eye cause the bottom detaches to make a knee length dress.

Dere King

I can't wait to go dress shopping this summer!
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Richnikki, love love the second dress!

Here's mine...although it will be made into an aline to suit my body type.  Love it! As soon as i saw the dress i knew it was the one.  Doing an hour of cardio a day now...lol. J. Smile

• cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh I love these posts when you get to see everyone's stuff!!!

the first one is beautiful..... I did try something like that on and realized after 10 minutes in the salon I was sweating my butt off in fall here, let alone standing out on the beach.

I went with this one below (pardon the crappy pics) after trying it on at 3 different stores and falling in love and tearing up each time there was no denying it was the one...... my first fitting is this Saturday!!

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having dress issues right now.  I was going to go tea lenth, retro, but I'm not so sure now.  I am going to look at more dresses this weekend!

Originally I was going this way...

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful Dresses ladies!!!  Here's mine.  It's Dakota by Maggie.  I did not get the jacket to go with it though.  I'm also cutting it to a cocktail dress after the wedding so I can wear it on our wedding ann.

edited December 2011
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh i forgot to mention that i will also get my dress cut and made into either a cocktail...my preference...or tea length dress whichever will look better and wear it on our first anniversary.  My mom got her tea length dress made into a cocktail dress...so i guess i am continuing the tradition i suppose...haven't thought about that till now..lol. J. Smile
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011

Here is my dress (not me), it's by B2 Elizabeth Darcy collection.  Not sure what the design # is.  I will be changing the neckline to a sweetheart.
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    AK WInter Bride- LOOOVE Your dress! If I knew how to add a pic I would..but I don't! I lOVE the pink dress. It reminds me of Chelsea Clintons Vera Wang dress =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MotoLyn, here's a very similarly executed detatchable dress at a pretty reasonable price:
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Transforming-Layered-Tulle-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-KP3135_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns

I'm almost bummed I didn't see these earlier...for reasons that will be obvious when you see my dress :)

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_say-yes-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:76d8d108-bb6b-4d1c-b2d5-54612f188f5dPost:7a2470b7-8741-4dd6-8fa6-77e2b3f21058">Re: say yes to the dress [PIP]</a>:
    [QUOTE]MotoLyn, here's a very similarly executed detatchable dress at a pretty reasonable price:  I'm almost bummed I didn't see these earlier...for reasons that will be obvious when you see my dress :)
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

Oh Tanq that is even better than the first one because its fitted.  Reasonably priced to boot!  Now I'm on a mission to try it on. 

You're dress is gorgeous I love the layers!
  • edited December 2011
    I love those layered detachable dresses, so cute! Here's mine...it's kinda heavy fabric though. The details on it are really pretty up close (although i dont have any close up shots) and the belt sash is white, not champagne..weird lighting.
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, your dresses are all so pretty!  I'm having dress issues, I bought my dress (pic below), but now I'm thinking I should have gotten something a little fancier and more "bridal"....  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards