Colorado

Makeup recommendations for Boulder/Denver

Every friend I've talked to said she did her own makeup for her wedding.  I know how I do my own makeup - not that great ... I've never gotten my makeup done professionally before, but I'd like to.  I have no idea how much it costs, or where to start looking.  Our wedding is in Boulder, but we live in Wheat Ridge.  So I'd be looking in those places and inbetween.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  And know approx how much it costs?
Thanks guys! :)

Re: Makeup recommendations for Boulder/Denver

• FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to a trial tomorrow up in Estes but the lady will go the the venue do do makeup and hair. I am getting married in Allenspark. If you would like I can send you pictures of all of it or post them here. She has been reallly nice so far.

If you would like to take a look at her site it is here...

Her prices are about what I have seen for everywhere I have been looking at. You can of course pay much more if you want and those people are more available in Denver.
    June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I checked out her website.  It at least gives me an idea of price.
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also check out my friend Sam, she's fantastic! Ladycharmartistry dot come

She travels reasonable distances as well

HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • NicoleR0306NicoleR0306 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im using Kim Jundt, she does hair and makeup at very reasonable costs and does travel. I went for my first consult and she spent 3 hours making sure its exactly what I wanted for both and didn't even charge me. She lives in Littleton but will travel anywhere. If you google her she does have a website. Hope that helps.
    Its a girl!! Cameron Rae born 1/8/13 @ 501am Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What did you end up thinking about the lady in Estes Park (Bella Capelli??).  I saw a few reviews and was thinking about checking them out myself.  Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.
  • catfanatic65catfanatic65 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Janine Schmenk. She was came in 2nd place on the Channel 7 A-list thing. Her website is makeupbyjanine.wordpress.com. I'm a huge makeup addict myself and while I know how to do my makeup, I don't have the qualifications that a professional does. She knows how to make it look good in real life and also in photos. (She is also a makeup artist for a modeling agency which helps with the photography department). Plus, she has all the products you'd need. If you do it yourself, then the cost of primers, HD foundations, etc can really add up. You definitely wanna make sure you have the best on your wedding day! Besides, it's always nice to be pampered a little :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards