August 2012 Weddings

dress woes

I'm second-guessing my dress. Again. And I'm only 18 days away. My MOH is coming up tonight and I'm going to put my dress on again and if necessary shop the store's sample sale. This is so frustrating. I really don't want to have to pay for another dress so hopefully this will work out and I'll be fine once I put it on again.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: dress woes

• kap617kap617 member
    First Comment
    I hope you figure something out!  I'm sure your dress is beautiful!  

Sometimes I think we hold the wedding dress to unrealistic standards--it's more about the person in the dress than the dress itself.  You will be radiant and beaming on your wedding day, and with the right hair, makeup, and accessories, you will rock that dress!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_dress-woes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:f00c8d5e-0460-40fa-9a77-a04096e858bcPost:84714234-b433-4467-b6e7-3be4b8906dac">Re: dress woes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope you figure something out!  I'm sure your dress is beautiful!   Sometimes I think we hold the wedding dress to unrealistic standards--it's more about the person in the dress than the dress itself.  You will be radiant and beaming on your wedding day, and with the right hair, makeup, and accessories, you will rock that dress!
    Posted by kap617[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with kap!
    Anniversary
  • edited July 2012
    If you go looking for another dress you could make yourself second guess even more. I'd suggest that you stop looking and try to accept that this is the dress you've chosen. Honestly, if you find another dress that you love more but needs tons of alterations you may regret looking in the first place. I don't think 18 days is enough time to try to change it. Can you find a way to make yourself feel special in this dress? (with jewelry, makeup, etc.)
  • Hey girls, I went and tried it on again with my MOH this afternoon and all is fine. I'm still not 100% happy but as my MOH explained to me without designing my own dress I wasn't going to find a 100% perfect dress. If this checks 9 out of 10 boxes then I'm choosing to be ok with it and will make it my own with accessories. Thanks for all the advice :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have had some second thoughts about my dress as well. But I'm determined to make it work. I know that my second mom (my mom passed away) that went with me to pick out didn't like the dress at all. She just wasn't excited when I tried it on and was looking at other dress while I was having my moment. I loved it when I tried it on. When we went to pick up the bridesmaid dress I saw my dress again and another beautiful dress beside it. I commented on the other dress and she was all excited and then I said, there's my dress and all she said was, yep there it is. My dress is beautiful and fits what we are going for at our wedding, not overly done. I keep telling my fiance` about my feelings and he reassures me that it will be fine and that it isn't what everone else thinks it's about what we think and how we feel about each other.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards