Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Beware: Corbin Harris and CMH Photo

Corbin was the photographer for our wedding in may of 09.  He took some very nice pictures and gave us the digital pictures in a matter of a couple of weeks but we also paid him $1200 up front for a professional photo album as well.  After 13 months of waiting we still have not received our album.  Also he no longer replies to my e-mails and his voice mail box is full as well.  According to him he has been having many difficult life circumstances lately but after 13 months we wanted either our album or our money (still no response).

I am trying to figure out what to do next as far as trying to get something back.  I just hope this serves as a warning to anyone who is using him or looking to use him please be careful because this is what he has done to us. 

Anyone have any recommendations on what we can do at this point since we are out $1200 and don't have an album?

Re: Beware: Corbin Harris and CMH Photo

• edited December 2011
    Small claims court!  People like this bank on the fact that people will just give up and leave.  Don't let them get away with it!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happened to a friend of mine, she couldn't get her album for 2 years, imagine that??? No the same photographer, but one local here. She sent him a nice email stating that he'll be hearing from her lawyer if she don't get either money or the album, so she did get an album, but it took forever. Agh!
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately sometimes it does have to go to court, it's unfortunate.  I would recommend at this point if he isnt even responding to contact your lawyer and let them handle the rest of it.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

Did you ever resolve this issue? We flew Corbin and his now ex-wife down to Turks & Caicos in December of 2009 to do our wedding and he has gone AWOL. The last I heard he was getting divorced and moved in with his brother in friggin' Kansas. I just want to find out where he is exactly so we can serve him legal papers. Any help would be MUCh appreciated. Thanks.

-Patrick
  • tirsittirsit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to join in forces to bring this theif to justice.  He ran away with my money too. 
  • jeah10jeah10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello,

Just wanted to update you that Corbin was in Lawrence, KS but has since fled to Iowa.  I know this because I am having his BMW towed for being parked in the same spot and I spoke to his family here.  Best of Luck to you.

Street Cleaner Wink

• Corbin M Harris in Clear Lake, IA

IS WHERE HE SEEMS TO BE TRACKED AT THIS POINT

THIS HAS HAPPEND TO MY DAUGHTERS PHOTO'S AS WELL AND WOULD LIKE TO STOP HIM FROM DOING THIS AGAIN

IF YOU FIND HIM PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL DO THE SAME

WHAT AN UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE CBPONLINE@MSN.COM IS WHERE WE COULD BE REACHED

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards