Virginia

Fredericksburg/Spotsy/Stafford Venue?

Hi!  I'm new to the board and really hoping y'all can help me out.  I'm trying to find a venue some where between Occoquan and Spotsylvania for about 100 people.  Our budget for venue/food is about $6000, but hopefully there's something out there for less.  I'd love to have the ceremony and reception close together because we have so many older guests.  Any suggestions?  

Re: Fredericksburg/Spotsy/Stafford Venue?

• NahomandKeliNahomandKeli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try The Gaunlet, which is a golf course. Brocks which is in downtown Fburg
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is @ rochkill plantation in stafford, and it's beautiful. Your ceremony and reception are all in the same place, and the venue holds up to 130. They have a website and the Joann and Rev. Will are soo nice and easy to work with, i highly recommend them.
    Married my best friend June 23, 2012.....Life is beautiful!!
  • livewire99livewire99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check Parks and Recreations for the counties. A property in your price would be Rockledge Mansion in Occuquan.  There is a home in Rippon Landing area as well.

Hope this help.

I have a brides looking at some of these locations as well. 
  • BBear13BBear13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could look at Belmont in Fredericksburg. We are having our rehearsal dinner there, but they host weddings as well. It's a beautiful artist's estate that sits overlooking the river. The staff have been really nice in helping us with the rehearsal dinner planning.
    http://www.umw.edu/gari_melchers/facility_rental/weddings/default.php

Our actual wedding reception venue, the Jepson Alumni Executive Center, holds over 100 people. It's part of the Mary Washington campus. (We are alumni) If you are interested, here's the link - I know it might not hold the same appeal for everyone that it does for us since we are sentimentally connected to the school, but I think  it's really nice regardless, and the staff have been so wonderful.http://www.umw.edu/jepsonalumniexecutivecenter/default.php.

Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards