California-Bay Area

Wedding Weekend venues close to Bay Area?

I am looking for a venue to have a wedding for about 100 people.  I want some of my close friends to be able to stay there and do a "wedding weekend".  I was thinking about renting a house or a retreat type of place, but I am having trouble find anything within 2 hours of San Francisco and not completely overpriced. 

ANY IDEAS?

Re: Wedding Weekend venues close to Bay Area?

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did something like that.  It was about 2.5 hours from SF proper, a bit out of Sacramento.  Foresthill Lodge.  She had a Friday wedding, but she rented the place out for Thursday and Friday.  I believe you can get the whole weekend, but obviously that costs more.
  • edited December 2011
    Purple Orchid Inn in Livermore, CA.  10 bedroom hotel and day spa.  Can do the reception in the Olive orchard or they have a inside reception hall as well.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Just a tip I got from an insider: having a wedding on a Friday can save you anywhere from 5-20% on vendors! Fridays aren't as common but the guests can take a half day or a whole day off work and you'd get your wedding weekend! 
  • bethcarriebethcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out herecomestheguide.com- lots of options on there.  Many are retreat or B&B style accomodations.  Also, not sure if you want to go this far south, but Asilomar in Monterey has pretty reasonable prices for weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Cavallo Point?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards