Massachusetts-Boston

Boston or Cambridge Hotel Venues with Water Views

Hi All,

Does anyone have any good ideas of hotel wedding venues in Cambridge or Boston either on the water or close enough to have a great view? We are looking for ideas other than the Boston Harbor Hotel (my brother got married there and while it is beautiful and perfect, I would prefer to find something else).

Bonus points if you can comment on the catering/food. Thanks!

Re: Boston or Cambridge Hotel Venues with Water Views

• I know there is a handful of the, but I don't know all of them. 

Royal Sonesta, Cambridge
    Doubletree Suites on Soldiers Field Rd.
    Hyatt, Cambridge
    Liberty Hotel, Boston
    Fairmont Battery Wharf
    Marriott Long Wharf

I've only been to three of them and two of those just to eat a meal.  I ran an overnight meeting at the Royal Sonesta.  I don't remember any negatives (rooms and food were good).
  • edited September 2012
    The Royal Sonesta in Cambridge has a striking view:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Recently attended wedding at Marriot Long Wharf.  Food and venue were terrific.  It was recently renovated and very e;egant.  Negative was there were no windows in large ballroom.
  • The Boston harbor hotel has amazing water views they also offer some pretty good deals if you want to get married janJune 2013!
  • Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge is one of my favorite places in greater Boston.  It's also our wedding hotel for us and our out of town guests.   Gorgeous views, and an absolutely beautiful property.  Our best friends used it as their wedding hotel a year and a half ago.  

My parents stayed at the Sonesta a few years ago.  I like the property at the Marlowe overall better than the Sonesta, but they are both lovely.
  • How about the Seaport?
  • My friend had her wedding at the Hyatt in Cambridge and they did a nice job. They have a good sized outdoor balcony off the function room that looks out over the Charles and the function room has a wall of windows looking over the Charles. It was several years ago, so I don't have any idea about current price, etc. I do remember how gorgeous the room looked, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards