Texas-Austin

Introduce yourself to the Austin posting grounds..

Re: Introduce yourself to the Austin posting grounds..

• edited December 2011
    I have been hanging around reading for a while but I figured I should introduce myself!

My fiance Kyle and I got engaged in November and while we do live in Austin, we are actually getting married in Charlotte, North Carolina (where we are both from!  I have been in Austin for 2 years, Kyle for 1)!  Kyle proposed on a random Tuesday.  One of our dogs met me at the door with my engagement ring tied around her collar and here we are!  We are getting married April 30, 2011.  I am still doing some things around here though, so I poke around these boards and always look for inspiration :)  Here are what local vendors I have used!

Engagement Pictures (Will also use for Bridals):  Andy Sams
    Wedding Dress:  David's Bridal
    Veil/Fascinator:  Tessa Kim
    Bridesmaid Dresses: J. Crew

I guess everyone else is out of town!  I am excited to be here though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone I am from the UK and we decided to get married in your beautiful state, we love music and thought Austin would be perfect for us, so I may need  you  guys to help me out as I am arranging via emails I have book the ceremony , photographer, the clergy, flowers and cake so far
    , I am having my dress made over in the UK as I m marring in baby blue,We are getting married new years eve next year 2011 so excited!
  • edited December 2011
    ello! i'm wednesday and i'm getting married 9/24/10....we got engaged 9/24/09
    we are having a very small (45 people) wedding
    venue: chapel dulcinea
    officiant: judge jon wisser
    Photography: jeff loftin photography
    dress: davids bridal
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just discovered this, even though I've been on the board forever! We've been engaged since November 2008 and are getting married January 22, 2011, so its been a long engagement, but we're finally getting there!

Here's our vendors:

Venue: Ceremony at All Saints Episcopal Church, Reception at the Mexican American Cultural Center
    DOC: Becky Sosa with Stress Free Events
    Catering: Exquisite Cuisine
    DJ: Byrne Rock
    Photographer: Chelsey Schrader
    Make-up: Maggie Bosworth with Maris Malone Calderon
    Bar services: Probably Wildwood Catering
    Hair: Friend
    Cake: Friend
    Grooms Cake: Holy Cacao
    Florist: The Glass Fountain for bouquets, I am doing the centerpieces
    Gown: J.Crew
    Bridesmaid dresses: J.Crew (graphite silk chiffon, they are choosing the style)
    Veil: Etsy, Londonxox
    Save the Dates and Invites: Design via Etsy by Deidamiah, STD printed by Vistaprint, invites TBD
    Guest Hotel: Radisson downtown
  • dallasgrl80dallasgrl80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! FI and I got engaged Jan. 22 2010 and will be getting married Oct. 30, 2010. I am currently in Dallas, but originally from Austin. FI is in Houston, and we decided to get married at Horeshoe Bay due to my grandparents being so close by.

Venue: Horseshoe Bay Resort
    DJ: A-Town DJ
    Photographer: Averi Blackmon
    Make-up/Hair: LucieMarie
    Cakes: Lou Carpenter
    Florist: Audrey Anderson
    Gown: The Bridal Boutique, Casablanca
    Bridesmaids Dresses: Davids Bridal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • proudlove07proudlove07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Jamie, we have been engaged for two years (had a lot of mishaps including job loss and family losses that have delayed us). I am having a smaller wedding of 80 people or less. Trying to stay budget friendly. Wanted to have it July 10, 2011, but am thinking it may be too hot for what I think we are going to do... I really just started planning...am thinking possibly LoneStar Lady or the Flagship boat on the lake. I know I am working with Austin Cake Ball for sure. I am having my dress made because I can't find what I want..here is a picture of something similar but...my dress would be way prettier lol. Sleeves are different on mine.

• edited December 2011
    Hi all! I am newly engaged and brand new to the site. I'm an alumni of the University of Texas and my FI Will is a Texas Tech alumni, we call Austin home and actually just bought our first home. I'm extremely excited and overwhelmed and I never thought I'd say this but I have total wedding brain pretty much all of the time. We're getting married on October 1, 2011 but I'm eager to get an early start!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  I got engaged on Feb. 12, 2010 in Jackson Hole, WY.  We are getting married March 26, 2011.  We live in Dallas but we think the hillcountry is so pretty that we had to get married here.

Here are the vendors we are using:
    Venue: Lakeway Resort
    Photography: Thanks For the Memories
    Videographer: New Road Productions
    Florist: Donna at Central Market
    Cake: Michelle's Patisserie
    DJ: Tunes Across Texas
    Lighting: D&H Lighting
    Officiant: Mike Rinehart
    Ceremony Music: Serenade String Quartet
    Dress: Maggie Sottero, Mockingbird Bridal
    Coordinator: Rachel with Buon Affare Events
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!

We're getting married in February 2011 in Austin.

Here is our short list of vendors:

Venue, Food, Florist, Cake - Barr Mansion
    Band - Original Recipe
    Dress - Allure Bridal, Mayfair Bridal in San Antonio

and that's it so far :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone,

My name is Layne and I recently just got engaged. We've (tentatively) set a date for July 30, 2011. I don't have any vendors yet, so I'm quite curious to read your reviews. My FI name is Russell. We met in 2004 through a mutual friend, definite love at first site. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Y'all!! I'm Katrina and am getting married on April 9th 2011. We got engaged on my birthday, August 3rd of this year and are scrambling through the early stages of planning. He got my ring from Kruger's and it is more beautiful than I could have ever wished for. :) So far I have hired Bethany of 36th Street Events as my wedding planner and she has been amazing as far as helping me get organized and answering questions. I'm using Amelia Tarbet for my photographer and ordered a Matthew Christopher dress from Melange Bridal. We are still working on finding our perfect venue because we are planning on having a little over 200 guests. That is about it for now, I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions once I get further into planning.
  • sgerene13sgerene13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all! Originally from Corpus Christi-living in Chicago- fiance is from Cincinnati- gettin' married in Austin, well Dripping Springs, but wedding events in Austin
    Engaged: May 22, 2010
    Wedding: June 25, 2011
    Coordinator: Aimee Villa from Lizzie Belle
    Venue: Vista West Ranch
    Photographer: The Nichols!
    Florist: Petal Pushers
    Band: The Grooves
    Dresses: yes two:) both from Pronovias and from Alexia Gavela- love Geri!!
    Hotels: Four Seasons, Marriott Airport (they offer transportation for guests)
    Rehearsal Dinner: Mercury Hall
    I still working out Catering (hopefully this week,) Mariachi Band, Ceremony Music, Cake, BM dresses
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All,

Most everyone is ahead of me, got engaged this past August and can't decide if I want to have the wedding in Feb. or October 2011. I am interested in the Vintage Villas for the venue. That is as far as  have gotten. Looked for to any suggestions!! 

Kelly
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! I was really active on this board last year, but I'm an old married lady now, so don't get on quite so often anymore. I love weddings though, and will still pop in every now and then to see what's happening!

Date: 10-23-09
    Venue: Le San Michele
    Colors: Cobalt Blue w/ Orange, Coral, & Pink
    Coordinator: Becky Brock, BZ Events
    Photographer: Andy Peterson, studio563
    Flowers: Petal Pushers
    Hair/Makeup: LucieMarie
    Catering: Southern's Fine Dining
    Cake: Torte Bella (no longer in business)
    Cupcakes: Hill Country Cupcake
    Ceremony Musician: Stephen Bright, Cathedral Guitar
    Dance Lessons: Dance For A Lifetime
    Rehearsal Dinner: Austin Pizza Garden
    Dress: Mori Lee, ordered from Pearl's Place
    Shoes/Purse: J Crew
    Jewelry: Kirstie Kelly, purchased from Signature Bridal
    Corset/Underthings: Petticoat Fair
    Alterations: Classy Concepts
    Veil: Occansey Designs
    Garter: Etsy seller PetereneDesign
    Tuxes: Tuxedo Junction
    Save The Dates/Invitations/Programs: DIY
    DJ: iPod. Speaker equip from Rock 'N Roll Rentals.
    Travel Agent: Skip Neal, Honeymoon Guru
    Honeymoon: Disney World

Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Sunshine1224Sunshine1224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!

I just got enagaged 2 weeks ago and we are wanting to do our wedding on Christmas Eve 2011. I know that will limit the guest list but oddly enough we are ok with that ;).

I am hoping to find a venue that might also have over night accomodations for extra guests. The planned theme is gonna be somewhere between a jazz era theme and old hollywood theme.

I have no idea where to start so any and all suggestions are welcome!!

Good luck with your upcoming weddings guys!!
    ~More Than Words~
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,
    My name is Tiffany. I have been engaged since April 23rd, 2009. Yes.....I know...long engagement, but since we are paying for it on our own we needed time to get the money. We will be married on April 23rd, 2011.

Venue: Berry Creek Country Club in Georgetown
    Catering: Same as above
    DJ: Ironrod productions-awesome---they are doing the whole night for $300 and are very reputible-met them at the bridal extravaganza!
    Cake: NO CLUE!!!
    Dress: Not yet
    Everything else: up in the air.
    My mental status: GONE!!!

=)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm Lauren and have been engaged since Memorial Day this year (5/31/10). He proposed in Cancun on the beach and it was just wonderful...

We're planning on getting married August 20, 2011. We are still in our early stages of planning but we already plan on having our ceremony at St. Ignatius and the reception at the Stephen F. Austin. 

It's nice to meet all of y'all and I can't wait to check out the advice y'all have to share (and I can't wait to share mine, either)!

• edited December 2011
    Hello all...My name is Belenn, and I've been engaged since 10-08-09.  Details as follows and are all in San Antonio:
    Date: November 6, 2010
    Church: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Church 
    Venue: St. Paul Community Center
    Photographer: Janet Skeem with Skeem Photography
    Dress: Debi's Bridal, Casablanca Bridal
    Bridesmaid's dresses: The Dessy Group, All same color but different syles
    Groom and Groomsmen: The Men's Wearhouse
    Cake: The Exclusive Cake Shop
    Make-up: Me, myself, and I!  :)
    DJ: Jason Mero
    Save the dates, and bridal shower invitations: Wedding Paper Divas
    Honeymoon:  The Bahamas
    Alterations: Exclusive Alterations ( Austin, Texas)
    Invitations:  Carol Velasquez
    Florist: Spring Garden Flower Shop
    Catering:  My parents are taking care of this, so I don't know the caters information
    Rehearsal Dinner:  Nichas Mexican Cuisine
    Bridal Jewelery: Tiger Lily, Couture Bridal Jewelery
    Shoes: DSW
    Hair:  I'm using my mom's hair stylist Sandra, and my own in Austin, Emily Hackney with Path Salon, for my pre wedding color and up keep.

:D

• ctkairosctkairos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello all,

I'm tying the knot for the second time on December 4th.  We decided to this pretty quickly, so I had only about three months to plan.  Now most of the "MUST BE DONE NOW" stuff is finished, and I can do details and recover from a month of no sleep, high stress and an immune system that just couldn't keep up!

I keep my vendors pretty much up to date in my profile, but I'm using a few that don't have entries.

Ceremony Music - Encore String Quartet
    Invitations - 123Print
    Catering and Floral - Villa St. Clair in-house
    Dress - Unbridaled
    Dance - Uptown Dance

If you have any questions about any of them shoot a message my way and I'll answer you back.

Happy marrying~!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lolomillylolomilly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  My name is Lauren. Fi and I got engaged 10/14, and are getting married 10/15/2011 :) We live in South Austin but are getting married in Indianapolis, where I am from.  However, I am sure I will frequent the Austin boards, because 1- a lot of my planning/shopping/registering/etc. will be done in Austin and 2- we plan on having a small party/reception for Texas friends and family who cannot come to Indianapolis, which I will need to plan for as well!

Still working on vendors :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

We got engaged October 21, 2010 and getting married November 18, 2011. We are doing a fall themed wedding. Our colors are dark brown, deep red, and dark orange. We are not in Austin but live in Rockdale and our ceremony and venue will be at the Patterson Civic Center here. I'm so excited to plan this day and can't wait for it to get here.
  • astrobunny5astrobunny5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ya'll!

I got engaged on halloween of this year at Magic Kingdom. Very sweet! My fiance, Heri, (sounds like "Eddie") and I live in League City, TX, but opted to have our wedding in Austin since that is where we met. We both got degrees in engineering from UT. Our date is set for 12/10/2011.

Church: St. Austin's Catholic Church
    Reception: AT&T Executive Conference Center
    Photography: Esvy Photography (friend's company)
    Videography: Joe Simon (amazing!)
    Dress: Sottero and Midgley, Bridal Depot, Houston, TX
    Veil: Emma's Bridal Boutique, Red Oak, TX
    Cake: Blue Note Bakery
    DJ: Look No Further Entertainment
    Transportation: Antique Limos of Austin
    Flowers: Verbena Floral Design
    Everything else: TBD!!

Melanie
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been stalking for a while... guess I better come out with it already. Embarassed

I am actually a second-time around Knottie. I was a Nestie for a long time, got divorced and am now engaged so I am a Knottie once again!

We are getting married on April 9th, 2011. Here are the vendors I am using...

Venue: The Winfield Inn (catering included)
    Alcohol: Precinct Line in Kyle
    Wedding night hotel: Mansions at Judges Hill (Thank you Groupon!)
    Reherarsal Dinner: Palmer's in San Marcos
    Photo Booth: Booth 66
    Video: Tribe Docs (Healther Olsen)
    Photography: Providence Photo
    Flowers: Central Market
    Limo: Crown
    Invitations: Vista Print
    Cakes: Kimberlys Kakery (A Nestie- she is awesome!)
    Hair & Makeup: Beauty by April
    All Dresses: Davids
    All Suits: Al's Formal Wear
    Almost all decorations: Etsy.com
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dpfrmrr82dpfrmrr82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello all! I'm new at this but we are planning to get married April 23rd 2011. It is qucikly approaching after almost a year of being engaged. We are currently living in Columbus GA while my FI is attending Captain's Career Course at Fort Benning. After the wedding we will be returning to Texas, planning to live somewhere in between Fort Hood and Georgetown.
    I think we have almost everything picked out:

Venue: Kali-Kate in Buda
    Caterer: Dagar's
    Photography: Anthology
    Videographer: Round Rock Video Productions
    Florist: Last Petal
    Cake: Krissys Cakes
    Dress: Alexia Gavela
    Bridesmaid: Alfred Angelo
    Ceremony Music: Musical Discovery
    DJ: Tunes Across Texas
    Photo Booth: Say Cheese
    Invitations: Pink Tulip
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! 

I'm newly engaged, living herein Austin. We plan to get married 1/21/12 Super excited to start the planning process, also overwhelmed, it's less than a year away! First decision is where to have the wedding, here in Austin or in my hometown in New Mexico. EEP. Once I figure that out we can get the ball rolling. just wanted to say hi! 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Everyone! 

I'm Beth, my fiance is Matt. We got engaged Feb 5, 2011 after 2.5 years together, only 4 months of which wasn't long distance! 

We are planning for October 22, 2011. I love many venues featured on the Knot, but we don't have a big budget.

Hope to have a great time on here.

Beth
  • edited December 2011
    When I first introduced myself, I was fairly new with the planning process and didn't have any vendors lined up. So here is my list - I'm getting married 8/20/2011.

Church: St. Ignatius
    Reception: Stephen F. Austin Hotel
    Photographer: Eric Kotara
    Dress: Belle Saison
    Bridesmaids Dresses: Belle Saison (Mori Lee is the designer)
    DJ: Johnny Robinson with Groove Labs
    Flowers: Westbank Flower Market
    Save-the-Dates/Invites/Other Paper Needs: Paper Place

That's all I have for now! Will post again when the list of finalized vendors grows!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I've been browsing and posting on the message boards since I got engaged, but I completely missed the introduction section! My finance and I are getting married May 21, 2011. My vendor details are below:

Venue: Thurman's Mansion (The Salt Lick)
    Rehearsal Dinner: Trattoria Lissina (owned by Mandolas, at Duchman Vineyards)
    Caterer: The Salt Lick
    Alcohol: Hill Country Events and Specs
    Photography: Studio 563, Lisa Hause
    Videographer: My amazing cousin who works in the film industry
    Florist: Wow Factor Floral in Wimberley
    Cake: Coco Paloma
    Dress: J. Crew
    Bridesmaid: J. Crew
    Ceremony Music: hopefully Barton Strings, still in the process of booking
    Band: Chad Reilly and the Wild House Band
    Photo Booth: Magnolia Photo Booth Company
    Invitations: Costco
    Save the Dates: Vista Print
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!  I've also been browsing for awhile but hadn't formally posted anything yet.  My fiance and I got engaged Oct. 23, 2010 in New York City and are planning a New Year's Eve 2011 wedding in Austin.  We live and work in Washington, D.C., so wedding planning from afar has been a bit of a challenge.  I am from Houston originally, but my parents now live in Austin so we decided to have it there.  Here are my vendors so far:

Venue:  Four Seasons (ceremony & reception)
    Caterer, Cake & Alcohol:  Four Seasons
    Planner:  Aimee Villa - Lizze Belle Events
    Photographer: Evan Godwin Photography
    Reception lighting: FILO
    Room blocks:  Four Seasons, Radisson downtown and Hampton Inn & Suites downtown

And that is about it for now.  I've been scouring the boards for good reccommendations :) 

• edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! We were engaged a few months ago and we are pluggining away at planning for a New Year's Eve wedding in Austin.  Here are the vendors so far:

Wedding ceremony:    St. Austin's Catholic Church
    Reception venue:        Stephen F. Austin hotel
    Band:                          The Matchmaker band
    Save the dates:           Vistaprint
    Dress:                          Serendipity Bridal (Watters gown)
    Rehearsal Dinner:       The Salt Lick
    E-pics:                         Digimeg (www.digimeg.biz)
    Wedding pics:             Dear Charli
    Day-of Coordinator:    Clearly Classy Events
    Invites?
    Flowers?
    Cake?
    Hair/make up?

It's crazy how much this process can consume you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards